food Enchilada Time

Had a craving for Mexican food couple of nights ago and the boy and I decided on enchiladas. I had to keep the heat down so ended up just using a powder on my half of the dish.

Just a basic recipe, ground beef, enchilada sauce, colby-jack cheese, few spices and flour tortilla shells. I always paste a layer of refried beans on the shells prior to filling and wrapping them up. I go a tad overboard on the cheese too.

They ended up tasting quite good I'm happy to report and I wanted to share a picture of the finished dish.

IMG_3843cre.jpg

looks really good!
I've never understood the names for mexican food, its like its all burritos in the sense, just different a little. dont get me wrong I love mexican food its just the names & what you get is damn near the same.

maybe I should shut up......the meal looks good!

Yep, corn tortillas are the norm but I like the flour ones.

Enchilada sauce comes in a can for tired and lazy people. I used old el paso for this one. They have a mild, medium and hot red sauce and a mild green chili one. Works well when you're in a hurry.

patrick said:
They ended up tasting quite good I'm happy to report and I wanted to share a picture of the finished dish.

Whenever I have finished a dish it's far too late to take pictures!:lol:

Okay, finished with kidding. That looks really great and tasty!

Just stumbled on this. Not research. Tex-mex seems to be all the rage these days. mrs. blues is a ho' for chicken enchies! At least once a week.

Enchilada's are usually made with corn tortillas where as burrito's are made with flour--- there you have it.

Yep, corn tortillas are the norm but I like the flour ones.

True, this is more of a wet burrito. Tasty looking burritos though!

With the corn tortillas, you dip them in hot oil and then the sauce too, before rolling and baking. So they soak up the flavor and become moist. Try it P.

That's traditional to New Mexico brother (layered), not Mexico. Quit talking Nu Mex up in here!

Not talking Tex Mex, talkin' MEX, as in Mexcian! Actually the Mayans started rolling then.

TB schooled on Mexican. BOLD

You're on!

And DAMN Sum for winning with flour tortillas! We need to fix that at least :lol:

Flour. Corn. Blonde. Redhead. Its all good. You want to make the enchy war a future throwdown? I'm all in on that Dan. To get more play maybe include nontraditional fillings along with the stacked vs. rolled. There's at least 2 dozen members I can think of that would be all up in that t-down. Smart.

Took it to the TD suggestion forum. I have some ideas already. You may likey.

http://www.thehotpep...200#entry497450

BOOM! And I spent 11 years in Arizona... enchiladas can be made with both corn or flour torillas. Enchilar means "to add chile peppers." Nothing more. Enchiladas being made solely of corn tortillas is a myth. Enchiladas are covered and smothered. Burritos are not.

And that's why I'm awesome.

Back