food Enchilada

I missed the mexican throwdown but it got me in the mood for some enchiladas.
I was going to do this for the drunken chef but I've just gotten really sick and the doc says no booze. I shouldn't really be eating this rich food but I'll be damned if any bug is going to get between me and my enchiladas!

Used different can of four bean mix not refried beans.
Enchiladasandplants001.jpg

Started off by marinating some chicken overnight in chilli, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander leaves, lemon juice, oil.
Enchiladasandplants002.jpg

Fry up the onion and chilli and garlic
Enchiladasandplants003.jpg

Added chicken cook
Enchiladasandplants004.jpg

Sauce it up and in with beans.
Enchiladasandplants005.jpg

took off heat and mixed in a big handful of jarlsberg cheese
Enchiladasandplants006.jpg

Assembly
Enchiladasandplants007.jpg

While its in the oven I made my first ever salsa
Enchiladasandplants008.jpg

all done :D
Enchiladasandplants009.jpg

Served with sour cream.
Enchiladasandplants011.jpg

It was tasty but the store bought chillies were crap so I had to give it some more heat with some Nagasav sauce. :)

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if I can convince you to swim across the ocean, holding a pan of those out of the water as you go, then cross the continent here to where I am....

That's a good looking dinner, I like the added touch of the " Jarlsberg "...one of the "cheeziest cheeses"
There's so many variations of "Enchiladas Suizas" most recipes call for shredded chicken
but I like how you cubed it instead...
Nice job on the "chopped sauce"...I'm a big fan of Avocado
well done man...

Wow I actually had it last night, probably first time since I posted the one above. Didn't take any photos tho, but someone else cooked. It was pretty damn good!

not as good as mine tho.....

I gotta get my enchilada on one day soon. I developed a new sauce in the SoFlo Skunkwerks the other day that is just begging to be used as enchilada topping.

Back