<Enter> key does not work

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but for the past week or so the <Enter> does not work when I am writing personal messages or responding to posts. Any ideas of what this could be or how to fix it? My <Enter> works on every other site I visit so it is something local to THP.

Clear cache and it should fix, prob. javascript.

I tried cleared the IE cache, and I also tried some fixes I found online to reload the javascript. Neither worked, and the Enter still is not functioning.

Unfortunately it's not a site issue.

Yeah, I figured it was not a site issue. I was hoping someone would be able to link to some type of quick fix, but java issues can be tough to deal with. I decided to just use Google Chrome rather than IE, and it works like a charm. It is probably about time to make that switch anyway.

Yup, it works fine with Chrome. I don't normally use Chrome, so it is a bit of a pain but so be it. I probably should switch over anyway, because I use IE mainly out of nostalgia (I've used it since Windows 95).

What version of IE are you using? did you try the compatibility mode? Windows 8 and IE 10 suck with some sites compatibilty

You could also try deleteing the java cache

go into the control panel
double click java icon
click delete button, depends on version might have to click the settings button first

You could also try deleteing the java cache

go into the control panel
double click java icon
click delete button, depends on version might have to click the settings button first

I don't think it would be a Java issue... Javascript, maybe... but I have Java disabled in my browser, and don't have any issues with the site.

I switched to Chrome a while back. So far I haven't had too many problems with it. I haven't found a browser that works with everything, so I usually have at least 3 on any given machine. I run Debian at home, and Chrome seems a lot more stable than Firefox. [Obviously IE isn't an option...]

LUCKYDOG might be on to something... I have found that when using IE, many sites work better with Compatibility Mode enabled. Worth a shot... it is just one click. :)

Back