vendor European site; Tasty-peppers.nl

Hi all,

I thought I'd open a thread on tasty-peppers as I couldn't find one. It's meatfreak's shop and he sells quite a selection of interesting varieties. Especially if you are looking for Jalapeños, than you need to go there.. he has by far the largest selection of jalapeño varieties in Europe (atleast from all the online shops that I know). Offcourse he also sells superhots and plenty of other weird varieties. He also has very large images of the actual pods so that you know what you will be growing, not the super pink, blue and other pics of other vendors.. just real unedited pics that don't make cheiro roxas look like candy.

In my experience (4 orders now) the seeds are shipped out very quickly and are in 1-2 days later (but that's because we're currently in the same country.. yes I know, that's cheating.. ). He sells at very decent prices and the seeds have good germination rates, my previous batch had a wopping 91% germ rate and it didn't take very long for the first chinenses to pop up; a sign that he ships fresh seeds. I don't have statistics on my last batch (jalapeño varieties) yet, as they are just sowed 3 days ago but I'm confident they will be just as good.

And another plus, it's one of the few vendors that also sells an extensive selection of tomato seeds (so you can grow your own instant salsa? :party: ). Especially the Sacharnaja Sliwa Krasnaja roma type tomato is a really nice variety with a huge yield.

http://www.tasty-peppers.nl/epages/64390304.sf/en_US/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F64390304

What are your experiences with meat's shop?

Essegi said:
Oh, sorry to hear that! I've noticed just now!
I really wanted to be one of your customer sooner or later!
Best wishes to you!
Thanks, Essegi!

Scorched said:
Just finished planting all of the BBG colors I got from you. Very happy I looked at your site and ordered a few months ago before you decided to close. There were a few other things I was considering but it's all good. BBG are one of my absolute favorites and you're the only one that had all the colors. The only things I have left to find are a true white BBG (hoping the seeds from AJdrew grow true) and the Italian Peach BBG Naga. This Spring/Summer can't get here quick enough
Looking forward to your BBG grow out, Tony :) Perhaps if the white bbg grows true again we can start to spread a bit further. Wanna get it past F-2 first.

mikeg said:
When i needed some Yucatan White Habanero seeds, you were the only reliable merchant that i could find... the 'Elephant Ear' sweet pepper, and the other gifts you gave me were re-gifted to friends -- and produced wonderfully.

i will regret that i cannot order seeds from you any more but i am thankful that i could make the purchases -- and receive the generosity of your gifts -- that i could, while you were in this business.

Whatever profits or income you have made from your endeavors, i am grateful for what you have done for me.

Thank you
Happy to hear, did the Yucatan end up producing for you? Was wondering about that last year. The Elephants Ear is a good producer and very tasty. Have been growing this almost every season just for that reason :)

Datil said:
Good luck for your life and new projects Stefan!
Your shop will be surely miissed, i've suggested to many people your impressive Jalapeno selection! :)

All the best

Datil
Cheers, Fabrizio. Hope to add some nice stuff to the already huge selection of varieties in a couple of years :D

Pfeffer said:
Too bad, you had a nice selection. I can't blame you though, with the price per packet it seems you have to put in crazy amounts of time just to generate some revenue. Even if you sell a lot, harvesting seeds, counting, trips to the post office etc suck up your time. Especially with some kids running around that's not worth the effort. Good call.
Yep, all those things combined made it really hard to keep on going, Ted. Was time for the next step, developing my own stuff.

Back