TNKS said:
PFS
Play with CHILDREN's TOYS without work arounds
BUY CHEAP ASS SHT,GET CHEAP ASS RESULTS
Clear enough ?
If you have an old ROUND multi tier dryer its junk
Burns alot of electricity at half the drying effort
Childs Play!

Still not exactly sure what it is you are talking about, but no, I did not have a round dehydrator.

Well, I got one.  It's about time since I've been thinking about one for a few years now, and I will be doing a lot of dehydrating this summer.  I had to call Excalibur because
the right corner on the door was broken.  They are sending me a new door.  I will use gorilla glue on the broken one and keep it as a spare.  I notice the new Excalibur's do 
not have the setting as low as 95.  I still have my Nesco if I want the temp that low.

F.Y.I.  There is a 9 tray Excalibur on eBay for $100.00

roper2008 said:
Well, I got one.  It's about time since I've been thinking about one for a few years now, and I will be doing a lot of dehydrating this summer.  I had to call Excalibur because
the right corner on the door was broken.  They are sending me a new door.  I will use gorilla glue on the broken one and keep it as a spare.  I notice the new Excalibur's do 
not have the setting as low as 95.  I still have my Nesco if I want the temp that low.

F.Y.I.  There is a 9 tray Excalibur on eBay for $100.00

Depends on which one you get, 95 is still an option on some

My Nesco does the job for me at this point. Once my wife and I finish school and have some real money, (and a place to live bigger than 500sq ft, and a little bit of storage space) I might consider something like this. Unfortunately, that is a little ways off for me :( 

Love my excalibur 9 tray.  Did some peach slices in it a couple of weeks ago.  We harvested 25kg off the tree so had some to experiment with.  Dried crisp and frozen, to turn into peach powder, to add to flour for sweet baking, icecreams etc.  

I load this full with jerky a few times a year, and peppers too and it never misses a beat. Great product.  

Back