• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Expert answer on potting up required

Hi Fellow chilli heads.

Basically all the plants pictured need potting up. I have come to this conclusion as every other day they seriously wilt and need watering. The one on the far right has also started dropping several lower healthy looking leaves since the photo. It now looks like something out of the rain forest.

Why have the plants on the left got so much bigger in the same pot size? They have received the same conditions, watering regimes ect. The 2 of the left are 7 Podt Brain strain and mustard hab. On the right are Congo and mustard hab.

DSCF1988.jpg

Chris

Chris,

I don't know but two things come to mind - the ones on the right do not look like they are too big for the pots. Secondly, I would rotate the pots each day.

Mike

I would pot them up, also the frequent watering is flushing out nutrients, like Magnesium which could be responsible for the plant dropping leaves (it's cannibalizing them to supplement the nutrient deficiency).

Each plant grows differently, even if it's the same variety and as a result some might suck up more water or nutrients than others.

Back