• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Extreme Karma by The Karma Sauce Company

nKxVJ1N.png

Forgive me if my review isn't as eloquent as others on this forum but I just had to write this review about this hot sauce since nobody has mentioned it yet.

A few weeks back I stumbled upon this hot sauce through an article I read online about a new company called Heatonist that sources naturally-made hot sauces from suppliers around the world (Lucky Dog being one of them) and has them available for purchase on their website. There were at least 3 or 4 hot sauces that I wanted to order but this one stuck out the most because it had ingredients I've never had in a hot sauce.

So here it goes:

Ingredients: Red pepper (bhut jolokia and moruga scorpion), butternut squash, apple cider vinegar, onion, sweet potato, honey, garlic, salt, ginger. 

Aroma: Once you crack open the bottle you can smell some of the butternut squash and apple cider vinegar but it’s not too overpowering.

Texture: The sauce is thick in consistency and bright orange like the squash and needs a little shake to pour out but that’s fine with me.

Taste: As far as the flavor goes it’s pretty damn amazing. It has some sweetness but it’s not overly sweet like a fruit-based hot sauce. You can taste the butternut squash, sweet potato, and spices but not so much the superhot peppers.

Heat: It’s touted as containing bhut jolokia and moruga scorpion peppers but don’t expect to start sweating or get the hick ups when you eat a spoonful. There are those that might get upset that this sauce doesn’t deliver on the heat but I wouldn’t let that discourage you from trying this out because it’s that good.

Overall: So far I've had it on eggs, chicken, turkey, roast beef, and tuna and it’s been amazing every time. I'll be trying it on Chinese food next and I'm sure it'll be good on that as well.

I'll give it a 10/10 on flavor simply because it's unlike any other sauce I've had and a 7/10 on heat.
I'll definitely recommend this sauce to others as well and even though it's currently sold out on the Heatonist website you can go directly to the source and purchase it from Karma Sauce dot com.

moruga welder said:
taste bud imagination ?    :rofl:

Lol what, I have a really good ability to picture flavors and tastes. "Flavor recall" I don't know if there's a technical term for it. If I can imagine it I can taste it. 

moruga welder said:
flavor recall ?  I LOVE IT !   you sure its not just a munchy  ability ?    :high:   lol 

Lol I can picture how bad things taste too... like dog shite and rotten garbage. Why I always hate gross talk at the dinner table.. also why I eat by myself cause the kids can't ever go a meal without bringing up farting or pooping. 

D3monic said:

Lol I can picture how bad things taste too... like dog shite and rotten garbage. Why I always hate gross talk at the dinner table.. also why I eat by myself cause the kids can't ever go a meal without bringing up farting or pooping
i know what you mean , got up in the middle of the night while back had a hankering for a big cold glass of milk , poured one and started to lap that baby up and then BAM !  sour spoiled ass awful not good experience ! and it wasn't due date yet . never forget that flavor .

Back