• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ExtremeBurn 2010 Grow Log

What's up all?! I'm pretty excited about this years grow season as it's gonna be my first year that I'm actually able to put most if not all my plants in the ground! I put in a 15'x25' garden this year and it's pretty much gonna be dedicated to just peppers and a few tomato varieties. Got a late start getting my seeds germinated this year. They've only been up for about a month now but it looks like they'll be ready for plant out in a few weeks. Thanks to all who hooked me up with seeds for this season after my wonderful ex tossed what seeds I did have out lol. I'm not growing anything too exotic this year but I'll have a pretty good variety:

Bhut Jolokia
7 Pod
Trinidad Scorpion
Dorset Naga
Chocolate Habanero
Fatalii
Red Savina Habanero
Jalapeno
Serrano
California Wonder

I'll be posting pics up sometime tomorrow!

pappywith4 said:
thats a good grow list there! looking forward to pics!
Hey thanks pappy! I'll be sure to get some pics posted tomorrow evening.

jjs7741 said:
Good luck on the season. I'm sure we can help you expand that list for next season.

jacob
Thanks! I'm just thankful that I have anything at all growing this year LOL! Next season I'll def have better planning and hopefully a bigger garden with a lot more varieties!

Silver_Surfer said:
Quite a lot of heat in that grow list. Good luck with your garden.
Thanks Silver!

Here's a couple pics of what I have growing. I have 2 more trays in addition to this one for a total of 84 plants. They've only been up for about a month and I'm not using my grow lamps this year. Nothin but sun and love haha! Hopefully they start taking off cause I'd like to get them into the garden at the end of the month.

Super Hots
Picture001.jpg

7 Pod
Picture002.jpg

Sorry about the image quality, my camera is pretty ghetto.

they'll start taking off but with a start this late you sure are cutting it close. Especially with the short seasons we have. Best of luck!

Ballzworth said:
they'll start taking off but with a start this late you sure are cutting it close. Especially with the short seasons we have. Best of luck!

Ya, it sucks I got such a late start. I wasn't even planning on growin anything this season but as the weather got nicer I got the itch lol. I'll at least get some Jalapenos, Serranos, and Bell... if I don't get any fruit off the Super Hots I'll mark it down as a lesson learned and start earlier next season lol.

jjs7741 said:
You going to try and overwinter a couple of plants if they don't ripen in time?

I think what I'm gonna do is keep a few in pots and toss em in the grow tent at the end of the season if they don't ripen in time. One way or another I'm gonna get some ripe pods! :)

Ok, it's been about 3 months since my last update... it's been a crazy busy summer around here. Happy to report that I'm getting a ton pods loading up on the plants, just hoping to see some ripen up by the end of the grow season. Here are a few photo's:

Chocolate Habanero (I'm thinking I might have miss labeled this one)
P1010033.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010030.jpg

Dorset Naga
P1010034.jpg

I will try to get some pics of my garden posted up sometime this week. Take care all!

Woohoo, finally getting some ripe pods! I was worried that I got too late of a start but I'm happy to see some finally ripening up.

Here's a few of my potted plants. From left to right: 7 Pod, Unknown(was suppose to be a chocolate hab lol), and Dorset Naga
001-7.jpg

Dorset Naga
002-6.jpg

Unknown - any ideas? it was suppose to be a chocolate hab
003-8.jpg

7 Pod
004-4.jpg

Mis-labeled is a naga. 7 pod looks like something else.

I was thinking it was a Naga myself... I think the 7 is actually a Scorpion, just about every single one of the peppers has a stinger on the bottom of it. Every year I get some of my plants mixed up hahaha. I seriously need to get more organized lol

Back