free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

BudGluing for isolated seed .png
This cross is arguably one of the best documented hybrids I've seen.... currently a work in progress.
 
I've got entire albums showing the conception of this ones parents, this one, and so on.... This is the cross that started it all, so you can tell there are variegated genes in this C. baccatum hybrid. F2 seedlings have already proved that out yet again though
69352485_216593065993044_7878723252284030976_n.jpg
 
Next, we have the baby, C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' where we cross it again back to Sugar Rush Peach.
C.annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach x (C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach) F1BC1.png
 
 
And it continues to get more exiting as you see the fruit mature
VSRP x SRP F1BC1  .jpeg

 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IER0PYBaVhU
 
 
All I ask is that you send me a ripe fruit back from this cross folks if you get lucky and get yours to germinate. If you are overseas, send a fruits worth of seed back and pay $3 for postage.
 
Seeds are coming from the states.
 
ADRUNKK said:
I'll give it a shot.
 
 
Shoot me your address in pm and I'll send you the seed. If I messed up, you may get a variegated seedling as this is an f1bc1. Ideally, you don't want to see any variegation till the f2bc1.
 
Still going to be some seed available though for other growers if anyone else is interested. I don't put all my eggs in one basket.
 

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
PollenNut said:
This cross is arguably one of the best documented hybrids I've seen.... currently a work in progress.
 
I've got entire albums showing the conception of this ones parents, this one, and so on.... This is the cross that started it all, so you can tell there are variegated genes in this C. baccatum hybrid. F2 seedlings have already proved that out yet again though

 
Next, we have the baby, C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' where we cross it again back to Sugar Rush Peach.

 
 
And it continues to get more exiting as you see the fruit mature
attachicon.gif
VSRP x SRP F1BC1 .jpeg
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IER0PYBaVhU
 
 
All I ask is that you send me a ripe fruit back from this cross folks if you get lucky and get yours to germinate. If you are overseas, send a fruits worth of seed back and pay $3 for postage.
 
Seeds are coming from the states.
Really enjoying watching all the F2 come up of your VSRP, Eric. Thanks for sharing the F1 cuttings with me!
 
skullbiker said:
I can grow plant(s) out for you. Does it need to be isolated?
BudGluing for isolated seed .png
 
If you hit a flower with a bit of glue like that before it opens, that will be all the isolation you need. I use a permanent marker to mark the peduncle, calyx, and leaf connection to the fruit. I also often take a piece of plastic drinking straw, cut a small piece off and Mark 'S' for self on it. If you slide slide that over the peduncle early on you can often get the plastic drinking straw piece on and it will stay on once the fruit has swollen.
 
But, if you are careful, you can also tie the drinking straw on with a piece of wire, string, or glue it in place the same as you would glue the flower.
 
Shoot me your address via PM and I'll get your seed to you. 
 
Please post pictures if you can, but it is not required. 
 

Bou

Extreme Member
Interested too if this offer is also available to us, fellow canadians!
 
cmpman1974 said:
When am I going to jump on one of these? :)
 
Chris
You know with all the projects I know you have underway i'm just honored that you would even ask to grow one of these out.
 
If you want to give it a whirl, you will have to PM me your address and I will shoot you some seed as well my hybridizing chili brother, but you know it would be an honor to see you grow one out.
 
Bou said:
Interested too if this offer is also available to us, fellow canadians!
Check out the the first post my friend, overseas... or anything requiring me to get an international stamp is $3.00 postage. Now, with that said, I'd look at my other free seed listing on this page and see if it was something you are interested in to save postage.  
 
Sent a PM a little while ago. I would be willing to help out with a few crosses as well as long as you don't mind my season starting late. Also if you have any additional data you want tracked let me know and I'm happy to do so. Same with photos etc. just lay it out. 
 
I'd be willing to send a SASE as well if that makes things easier for you.
 
Fred the Fed said:
Excellent documentation.
 
Thank you my friend, some of my crosses have multiple albums, videos, etc. I take pride in my work and in the end, if there is no pudding then I have to start over. 
Edaxflamma said:
Sent a PM a little while ago. I would be willing to help out with a few crosses as well as long as you don't mind my season starting late. Also if you have any additional data you want tracked let me know and I'm happy to do so. Same with photos etc. just lay it out. 
 
I'd be willing to send a SASE as well if that makes things easier for you.
I had to get envelopes together my friend to see what I had and suffice it to say, I've generally got something interesting to pop.
 
I just pulled some C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' fruit...one of my hybrids and a C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' hybridized by Graeme Chaplin and acquired via an Indonesian grower.
 
You can see, I will also soon have more C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x Anaheim' as well https://youtu.be/tcyfTsE1OEs
 
Well feel free to shoot me a PM if you need more man power. Happy to help. I can comfortably handle 2-3 at a time but I don’t want to over extend. Keep up the good work.
 
Looking forward to the seeds. Is there a particular way you want them started, or a method you have better luck with getting higher germination percentages?
 
I was just pop em in a heated seed starter tray with dome along with my other seeds. I havent tried the coffee filter/paper towel method in a ziplock baggie but would try it if you think I got a better shot at germ.
 
It's a lot of fun for me to see these crosses grown out. It's obvious that you have a real passion for this stuff. I'll be following along to see what grows out of these seeds.
 
ADRUNKK said:
Looking forward to the seeds. Is there a particular way you want them started, or a method you have better luck with getting higher germination percentages?
 
I was just pop em in a heated seed starter tray with dome along with my other seeds. I havent tried the coffee filter/paper towel method in a ziplock baggie but would try it if you think I got a better shot at germ.
 
Heated mat with dome to increase humidity is the going to be key and the most important element to a quick start. I generally don't advise trying out new methods on rare seed unless you can source more of it easily... which you won't be able to do with the seed I sent you.
 
However, a 15 minute soak in 1part bleach to 5 parts household bleach followed by a rinse and a 15 minute soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide will help speed things up and kill any pathogens that might be in the seeds. 
Mr.joe said:
It's a lot of fun for me to see these crosses grown out. It's obvious that you have a real passion for this stuff. I'll be following along to see what grows out of these seeds.
It is exciting for me to watch these crosses be shared and grown out by others as well. They are works in progress to say the least. The excitement is the unknown as well as the known.... what we know we should be able to expect and those hidden surprises as well.
 
I'll give it a shot. Also can try to cross it with f4 Trinidad Moruga x 7 pot Jonah x pimenta da neyde crosses. Give it some heat and chinese genes and purple from annuum. Sadly my seedlings seem a bit weak. Not sure the cause. Maybe too humid here for 4 year old seeds.  I have a lot of seedlings, so something should make it! 
 
Top