Failed before I started?

Hello Everyone,
My adventure started with purchasing Carolina Reaper seeds off the internet. Then I went a little crazy and bought some sweet pepper and Habanero seeds and now my garden is going to be huge. Well, maybe?

With no official information for growing Caralina Reapers I assumed that they will grow in my 6a "Grow Region". After research I found that the Reapers will not survive in temps below 70.

Well, we dont have 70 at night, Best case- 60 Degrees for 60 days....not until July.

Original Plan- start seeds,  then under a flourecent light until the begining of May (last frost)

Based on the weather graph below, I could use an opinon.

Am i setting myself up for failure?

Thank you,
Pete
Boise%20Weather.jpg

Reapers will "survive" temps below 70deg just fine. They just need the warmer temps for proper flowering / fruiting.
Start to worry when its sub 40deg..even then the plants probably wont die, they will just loose their leaves and grow slowly.

You will be fine ....I grow reapers with no problems at all...I am the same growing region.....you will  just be harvesting at the end of Aug..,through Sept.

Rockylinx said:

My adventure started with purchasing Carolina Reaper seeds off the internet. 

Just make sure it was from a trustworthy supplier, or you could be setting yourself up for failure in a different way. There are some sketchy vendors out there on Amazon, Ebay, and elsewhere that will sell you "Reaper" seeds that turn out to be orange hab or something else. They're just looking to make a quick buck. If in doubt, check the Vendor Vault here. Plenty of good, reliable seed vendors listed in there. It would be a shame to spend all summer growing "Reapers" that turn out to be regular habaneros. 

I'm growing reapers and lots of other super hots just fine in Boise. Just start them early inside or greenhouse, and (if possible) move some back into greenhouse in fall for continued poddage.

Back