• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

False Bhut

I bought a bhut jolokia transplant about 6 weeks ago and it has grown some nice red habaneros for me. Should I bother taking a pod in to the local nursery I got it from and explaining how annoying it is to put time and money into a plant that is mislabeled? They charge $3.50 per plant for seedlings and I only go there because they have good reviews and should not have mislabeled peppers.

if i were you i would go down and explain that what they are selling is not what they are claiming it is. how do the pods taste?

Same as spongey they must know the errors of their ways. Maybe you will get a freebie as a sorry token!

Take it back and explain what's wrong. You might want to take a Bhut Jolokia pod, or a photo of one to make sure they understand what they're selling isn't a Bhut. Good luck.

Yeah, if you go in, and just take the attitude of " I just thought you should know"... You might get some store credit or something good! Good luck!

I'd let them know it might not be their fault,sometimes flats are brought in from other nursery's, but if they do the seeding there, you should be entitled to a credit,
Ha ....one time I saw a little kid collecting plant tags as he walked down the isles through the greenhouse,..(an honest 5yr. olds mistake).. his mother finally caught him and grabbed the tags , about 20 of them and she started to stick them randomly into "DIFFERENT" tomato plants...........moral of the story...if your able to......grow your own...

I haven't tasted a pod yet, they are turning red now. A different red than my Caribbean too, more between orange and red, ill snap some photos.

yeah i got a bhut from the local nursery and they look like long habs and have the thick wall. IMO they are about 8.5/10 of the heat of my bhuts. I just put all pods from that separate in the freezer and have been smoking them with cherry wood.

yeah i got a bhut from the local nursery and they look like long habs and have the thick wall. IMO they are about 8.5/10 of the heat of my bhuts. I just put all pods from that separate in the freezer and have been smoking them with cherry wood.

+1 on the Cherry!

Back