• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid fantasy crosses

Anyone ever fantasize about new crosses/hybrids?

I always thought a hot Peter crossed with a tobasco would be cool. Penis shaped peppers the pointed up....you know...like an erection.

That's a purely aesthetic example, another cross that I would like to see is habanero and poblano. A nice big meaty pod with heat to match it's size.

Anyone else have fantasy hybrids?

I'd never have a fantasy about a hot peter crossed. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Sorry, scratch, I'm with nate on this one. ;)

Crossbreeding is something that really interests me though. I have a list of types I would like to cross at some stage. I've already starting crossing some this season and plan to have a big hybrid grow out next season. The hard part will be selecting only two or three from them all which I will concentrate on growing out further the following season.

I'm on the fence... I like crossing them, but not growing out 10s and 10s to find the right characteristics.

Right now I'm growing out some F2 of a Fatalii I crossed with a Choco Bhut. The point was to find a new yellow bhut in the F2. One is ripening brown, but it has the heat and flavor of a Fatalii, though not the citrus-like thing (since it's not yellow). I have limited space, so it's kind of annoying to see all the variations that I don't want. There are enough good stable(ish) varieties out there to make it not worth the while... mostly...

I'm on the fence... I like crossing them, but not growing out 10s and 10s to find the right characteristics.

Right now I'm growing out some F2 of a Fatalii I crossed with a Choco Bhut. The point was to find a new yellow bhut in the F2. One is ripening brown, but it has the heat and flavor of a Fatalii, though not the citrus-like thing (since it's not yellow). I have limited space, so it's kind of annoying to see all the variations that I don't want. There are enough good stable(ish) varieties out there to make it not worth the while... mostly...
I have some Giant Bhuts this year that turned out to be yellow, they are in my top 2 for taste and heat! I will grow them out again next year to see if they are stable.

One of my crosses that turned out pretty nice was a Bonda ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow. I'm sending seed to some peeps on here to grow in 2013.

I also crossed my own Pimenta da Neyde with a Bhut to see if it will come out like those awesome looking Pimenta Tigre types.

One of my crosses that turned out pretty nice was a Bonda ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow. I'm sending seed to some peeps on here to grow in 2013.

I also crossed my own Pimenta da Neyde with a Bhut to see if it will come out like those awesome looking Pimenta Tigre types.
If you want to seed swap let me know. You can try these giant yellow bhuts as well.

Back