marketing Farmer markets?

Anybody selling at farmer markets, events, etc., do you just give the bottle to costumer or do you provide a bag (plastic or paper) or box. Any packaging material(bubble wrap)?

I get generic brown bags with the braided handle. I also bought a large stamp with my logo. I stamp the bags myself and and save on having them printed. It looks real sharp. At the markets I go to most people bring bags. But I do offer one to all customers. Most decline the bag. I have my first festival coming up so I will need to stock up on bags.

I'd buy a roll of product bags like spysee linked from my local grocery store and every tub of salsa went into a bag.  For a couple of reasons...one main reason was to protect the lid from getting knocked off and also if the lid did pop off, it wouldn't make a mess on everything else.   Also, the bags were clear, so other people walking around the market would see the tub of yummy looking salsa.  ("Hey, where'd you get the salsa???" ;)

I used the clear bags for hot sauce bottles also, making sure that when I placed the bottle in the bag, the label was facing out.  Again....visibility to others walking by.

I would also bring used paper and plastic grocery bags.  If the customer had a couple items in their hands, I'd put the salsa in the grocery bag and hold it out for them to put their other stuff in.  Also, I'd keep an eye on people walking by and if they had hands full, I'd call them over and give them a bag. 

This stamp came out a little sloppy along the top edge.  Too much muscle.  lol.  I stamp both sides to make sure the logo is always facing out.   :)

gallery_8228_124_112145.jpg

Back