• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fastest/slowest ripening pepper?

So I was looking at my "fooled you" jalapeños that formed green pods like two months ago with not one ripe still, and I wondered:

What's your fastest and slowest ripener?

Those heatless jalas are my slowest, while my fastest are probably my little crossed Black Prince followed by my "probably not" reapers. Lemondrops took forever to start, but they're almost always ripening now.

My fastest ripener would probably be my Bahamian goats. Slowest is a tie between Aji Fantasy and Bishop's Crown. They take FOREVER to ripen!

My Bishop's Crown weren't exactly fast either and only recently started to turn, but on the plus side they're freakin huge. 

Slowest is probably my Aji Panca.  My Arequipa Roc's are taking their damn sweet time as well.

I wouldn't call anything "fast" necessarily in my climate, but my red Bhut's were probably the least slow.

Like some of y'all have mentioned, my Bishop's Crowns are by far the slowest to ripen out of my grow this year. These are the first baccatums I've grown; i plan to grow others next year and i hope they are quicker...

Slowest to ripen last year were Aji Pancas. They were also just slow to set fruit and slow in every way. But the Bishop's Crown is particularly frustrating because the plant set a fair amount of fruit fairly early... But they are remaining green forever.

For me it was Aji Panca.....they take FOREVER to turn. Im sure i had pods that took 2 months+ to ripen. I still got 6 on the plant that are turning but the plant looks great. Most of my other chinenses are beginning to look like hell from the cool nights. I like them though so im planting more next year but going in the ground instead. Dried panca pods are very expensive but i found some powder from BurmaSpice for a semi reasonable price.

So I finally saw a red blush on one of my jalapeños. I guess that's progress, but I'm still waiting for my crossed pod to ripen

Back