• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Fatal Lime

Justaguy contacted me earlier this week to do some reviews on some of his sauces. This one is #1 on the list....Fatal Lime.
For someone that is JUST starting out making sauces, its a DAMN good start! VERY fruity...almost orangeish. Very nice garlic smell, and taste.
Not too sure what the price is, but I would say this sauce is DEFINATELY better than the average Blair's stuff!
Enjoy!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234xfLJCxis[/youtube]

thanks for the comments on this sauce. Looking forward to see where he/they go with it.

FataLIme

Nice review. Thank you Sean. By weight the limes are top although next batch I think I will up the lime and lower the vinegar.

Working on some others so you will be getting more in the future if interested. Can't wait to see what you think of the others.

justaguymakinhotsauce@yahoo.com

No problem JAG. Sorry I didnt get your e-mail address in there. Gonna go put that in the description on YT.
I will probably have 2, or all 3, of the others done today...keep an eye out!

You really give great reviews! Thanks for putting them here for all to enjoy. This is another sauce that i will need to add to the app. I knew there were tons of sauces but it seems like every couple days I find new ones. If any of you sauce makers want to be added to the app, send me an email. We would love to keep the app growing.
www.jimsburningringoffire.com
Cheers

Jim

Nice review. Thank you Sean. By weight the limes are top although next batch I think I will up the lime and lower the vinegar.

Working on some others so you will be getting more in the future if interested. Can't wait to see what you think of the others.

justaguymakinhotsauce@yahoo.com
Justaguy.
Lets get you added to the hot sauce app. Send me an email.
www.jimsburningringoffire.com
Jim

No problem, PSM. I am shooting to do a LOT more reviews. I would LIKE to do reviews on just about anything I can get my hands on!

I just got my Fatal lime and this time no fatality (last two broke in transit) I love the heat of this one... Fatali don't seem to burn that much hotter for me, but it seems to linger a bit longer and I tend to get it a lot more right up front on the tip of the tongue where habs hit me more middle and back.

This is definitely a tangy sauce but I do like the lime and fatali... this is one that I might want a little more sugar in... something perhaps like a raw or cane sugar vs the refined white stuff.... not a lot but with the lemon lime and vinegar together it has a a bit more bite,,, but that is just going by how it is on the spoon... not many just eat sauces by the spoonful (well I do it with the Appletali), they are usually added to food... and it works really well in food...

In fact I used it to make a thai/vietnamese inspired stirfry tonight...I used a little garlic juice ( I have some garlic mash in a jar, squeesed a bit of the juice from it) some fish sauce, some basil, a bit of honey, and some raw natural peanut butter , dark soya, and Basil..... also added a little tiny bit of cinnamon, barely anything and some green onion.... no tamarind it would have been much better but I had to use worchestershire sauce in its place... but not a lot, and I didn't have any cillantro/corriander

I fried up the chicken with a tiny bit of coconut oil (not really nutty but works in high heat) tossed in the sauce mix and some veggies and a bit of ginger and it was really good... I've done a similar thing with fresh peppers, Siracha and lime but it didn't work as well.... I just wish I had made more of it....

I'd imagine with a little butter it would be good on fish too

Oooh I forgot... it also works really well in a Caesar (the drink with clamato not the salad I've not had it in salad dressings yet but I'd imagine in a home made caesar salad dressing it would be killer too)

Yeah it worked out ok... one thing I found with other shipping is some tape the bubble wrap to the bottle which keeps it from slipping that may have saved the first shipment I think it had problems because the loose bubble wrap slipped off the bottle and left part unprotected.. this time the box was too small for the bottle to move out of the bubble wrap so it worked.... but taping the bubble wrap to make a 360 degree envelope over the bottle may be better when the package is shaken

Glad the box was soccer proof this time.

Enjoy

Back