Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw Review - from Ford`s Fiery Foods

This pepper was provided by John Ford of Ford`s Fiery Foods and Plants. Thanks John, your generosity is much appreciated.

You all know what this is. I`ve only eaten one, so that`s all I can comment on, so far.

I really enjoyed the flavour of this one a great deal. It was sweet, fruity and had some acid to balance it all out. There were notes of meadow flowers, but no soapy taste I could detect (i.e. v.good). I honestly think this is one of the best tasting superhot peppers I`ve ever eaten. That seems to go against what other reviewers have found, but all I can say is the single pod I ate was delicious. Really delicious.

The heat complemented the flavour very well, but I was a little disappointed in the level of heat. It was very hot indeed, but I`ve eaten many pods that were hotter this year and this one may not quite make my top 20 in terms of heat. A solid performer, but not anywhere near the hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgcz_SQ32Dg

I guess if it doesn't have the reoprted "soapy" taste and nasty undertones, I won't feel so bad about having shelled out a small fortune for a couple seeds from the source.

Must be getting a bit jaded, as I think I enjoy a good flavor over heat---though both is a bonus.

On my grow list next year, as I got the seeds late, so I'll find out what extreme conditions do for it.

Excellent review, as always. :clap:

I honestly wanted this one to be awful, given the hype and cost of seeds (I got one plant). It wasn`t, it was quite the opposite. Really excellent flavor and decent heat. What can I say? 

Nigel, I may not have time to watch all of the reviews you do, but I love every one I do get to see.

Very informative reviews, and love the birds. You being such a likeable person helps a little too. Bromance?  :lol:
Also a funny moment I noticed if you take it out of context:

"It smells like a boot..."

I know you mean bhut but that is just funny to me.

Back