• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii sauce part II

Since PRB called me a sissy for not making it strong enough....
There was easily 3-4 POUNDS of fatalii in this box.

Added some roasted tomatillo's, lime juice, AC vinegar, garlic, onion, and a few orange tomatoes,

Cooked, and blended and cooked some more until it all fit in 8 of these small jars.

Thick as mud, and STOOPID hot, but great flavor!!!
I think making it so concentrated may have made it a tad bitter.
I also wish I would have had time to run it thru a food mill to remove the seeds.
P7280006.jpg

P7280007.jpg

This ONE plant has given me probably 5 pounds of fatalii!
P7270001.jpg

Nice Kat I wasn't calling anybody a sissy when it comes to eating hot peppers, we all have our own tolerance. That sauce you just made sounds wonderful with the list of ingredients. It is worth the extra effort to run your final product through the food mill to remove the unwanted fiber and seed. Helps the sauce flow from the bottle if the sauce gets thick like your speaking. My sauces are more a strained puree using mostly all peppers. Fatalli peppers make a pretty colored sauce. Good job Katrina.

Thank you "wise one" ;)
I'll definitely use the mill next time...... Tempted to dump it all back in a pan and bring it up to temp and food mill it!

Thanks again for the help.

The sauce sounds great Kat and that's one nice Fatalii plant you have. For a second, after looking at your first pic, I thought you were going to add cantaloupe to you sauce. :)

What's the "2" label signify?

Silver_Surfer said:
The sauce sounds great Kat and that's one nice Fatalii plant you have. For a second, after looking at your first pic, I thought you were going to add cantaloupe to you sauce. :)

What's the "2" label signify?

"cantaloupe "... Why didn't I think of that!? ;)

The #2 is a highly guarded code!
(2nd batch)

I am going to try and over-winter that plant.

Back