food Favorite Brand of Chili Powder for Making Beef Chili

I've been making a simple beef chili recipe from Cooks Illustrated that I really like. Not much to it, beef, beans tomatoes etc. But I'd like to get a recommendation on what type of chili powder folks out there like.

I know making my own might be the best route, but I'd really just like to buy it in a bag or bottle ready to go. Anyone out there got a recommendation? And if so, whether or not it's available for mail order from the web. Thanks a bunch. I'm new to the forum and look forward to reading all things pepper.

SS

Chili powder is just ground chili peppers, nothing to do with making chili (the meal). Although chili does have chili (chile) powder in it. Confusing? LOL

What are you asking? If we use a chili seasoning packet? Like all the spices you need for chili? Or what ground chili (chile) peppers to use?

:welcome:

I use the packs of seasoning (three to be exact) and 2 packs of Goya....and then tweak the taste from there....

....what can I say....it's lazy....but nets a consistent end result.;)

I'm guessing you want premade store bought.
" carrol shelby's - texas brand chili kit " is pretty tasty, & if this not enough just add more of the ingredients listed.

Back