• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite Non Yellow 7 pot/pod?

Hi everyone,

I would like to grow one variety of 7 pod next year, but I need help deciding which one. I have very limited space that is why only one :( I already grow a yellow 7. Hopefully I will be able to taste test a few over the next couple of months as members here offer some. I tried to find similar threads that already exist, but it seems most of them wander off topic! I am more interested in flavor than heat, so keep that in mind as well. Thanks!

I think we are going to make it harder for you to decide. LOL My vote goes with the Brown 7. It has a nutty, earthy mellow flavor compared to the smak ya in the face floral/fruity flavor the red varieties have. The stable Red 7's I have tried are Jonah, Primo, and the SR/Brainstrain. The flavor of the SR/Brain is my favorite red so far. Looks wise the Primo is my favorite but the SR/Brain is awesome too and is a much bigger pepper. I am growing Primo, Barrackpore, and Brown's this year and will post some reviews when they are ready. I am hoping to reduce the number of varieties I grow next year as well. I hope to pick one Red, Yellow and Brown variety.

Back