• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite pepper for hot sauce ..

huntsman said:
Damn - that does sound fine!

I just changed it to include Barrackpore 7's as well :D There will be seven Douglah's, five Yellow 7's and three Barrackpore 7's. Think it will be hot enough?
I will call it "Gods Number".

Now i just have to deseed the Douglahs :hell:

Sounds yummy Nova...got any pics,
hey I'll make some sauce soon too (probably next week) ...wanna do a swap when I have some ready?

Novacastrian said:
I just changed it to include Barrackpore 7's as well :D There will be seven Douglah's, five Yellow 7's and three Barrackpore 7's. Think it will be hot enough?
I will call it "Gods Number".

Now i just have to deseed the Douglahs :hell:

Yep, along with a few others I agree. For a 'daily' sauce, that I can have thrice daily without too much suffering. Very versatile too!

Sorry no pics yet, i have to figure out my phone/computer interface, i am taking photos though.
I am up for a swap for sure JR, this wont make much as i am only adding two mangos. Would you be happy with a woozie? It should at least make a couple of those.

Deseeding Doogies is burning my eyes from the fumes!

Edit: Cool, just found a little pod inside mummy!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by POTAWIE
Somebody else here was using that same avatar for a while, its seems to be a popular pepper amongst the guys

Darn! I wanted you guys to think I'd designed it...;)

MrArboc said:
Anyone got any seeds?

Dude!

The Swedish chicks I've...met, have been hot enough - you don't need these seeds! ;-)

WOW, Nova -

That stuff sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Kat

Novacastrian said:
Yellow 7-Pod, Hippies Y-7 Turkey Slap is to die for. Awesome in oysters kilpatrick, i would kill for them!

I am making a Yellow and Choc 7 pod sauce this afternoon. The base will be fresh mango and i will include
garlic, ginger,rice wine vinegar (just a little) and lime juice. I reckon 1/2 a dozen yellow's and 1/2 a dozen doogies should do the trick, should make about 400mls.

Yeah it's good but maybe a little too much twang. I didn't end up adding the garlic and ginger, thought i would keep it as basic as possible.

Nicole said:
Hey.. whats you favorite pepper either to make your own, or pepper used in your favorite sauce?

Seems this thread has gotten a little off topic, but my 1st choice would be Pquin, and my second choice would be Aji Amarillo.
And if you need seeds for either, I'd be happy to oblige for a SASBE/SASE.

Well I don't think anyone else mentioned it so I'm going to speak up for the Scorpion and say that it's my all time favorite bar none. I make a Scorpion sauce with some tropical fruits that is the perfect blend of heat and sweet for me. I can't wait to make a few hundred bottles of it again this year, I'm also thinking of making a V8 type of juice to be consumed daily for the health benefits.

My favorite pepper to make sauce with is the yellow scotch bonnet.
Keep in mind I have never tasted any 7 pods, or fatali before.
Though I imagine the Fatali might taste similar to the scotch bonnet.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Well I don't think anyone else mentioned it so I'm going to speak up for the Scorpion and say that it's my all time favorite bar none. I make a Scorpion sauce with some tropical fruits that is the perfect blend of heat and sweet for me. I can't wait to make a few hundred bottles of it again this year, I'm also thinking of making a V8 type of juice to be consumed daily for the health benefits.

You have a recipe for this ScorpSauce somewhere, Pepp3rFreak? Certainly sounds worth sharing...;)

Back