• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite Thai Varieties

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Mmmmm Thai peppers :)

10479913_854027057964355_4680469156269095851_o.jpg
My favorite so far is the thai orange.  Man i need to get some of these seeds from you.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Any chance you can spare seeds to the Thai Yellow? Mine look more orange as do all of the pods I have seeds for. 
yea no prob! pm me!
you know im in a land far far away from you?
grtz

Those are beautiful Orange Thai's, definitely will have to try those after all the positive praise they get here! They appear more thick walled than any Thai's I have personally seen...look downright juicy! Congrats!

Alchymystic said:
Those are beautiful Orange Thai's, definitely will have to try those after all the positive praise they get here! They appear more thick walled than any Thai's I have personally seen...look downright juicy! Congrats!
Those are nice, mine are thin walled just like the red and yellow. They can air dry without rotting 

Alchymystic said:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Those are nice, mine are thin walled just like the red and yellow. They can air dry without rotting 

I got the seeds from a gentleman in Thailand this spring.  To be honest I was expecting the other Thai variety.  The Thin walled hotter orange Thai but I am more than happy with these.  My plants are open pollenated but if you would like to try some seeds I would be happy to share or trade, as long as you live in USA that is. 

These are easily one of the best tasting chili I have ever had.  I made a bottle of pepper flakes out of these for my wife, but I have been stealing them away at dinner time.  lol

P.S.  They are very juicy and fruity tasting chili with a different heat, its kind of a slow building heat that never gets to hot.  They are sweet but the fruitiness is what will hit you most. 

Datil said:
Nice pods!
Those are known as "Large Orange Thai", the regular ones i'm growing ("Orange Thai")are smaller, thinner and hotter.

Cya

Datil

Wow, Thx Datil.  Nice piece of info and much appreciated! 

Yep I ordered some orange thai seeds last year in a large shipment with other seeds. When I went to plant them they weren't there. Probably just misplaced them somewhere. But this reminds me I must get some seeds for this upcoming year. Thankfully my Black Coban plants helped with my fix this year, as they taste very similar.

AaronTT said:
A big thanks to Buzzman19 for sending me seeds of his Orange Thai! Thank you very much!

Buzzman also sent me some of these seeds earlier in the year.  I will try growing it next year.

Back