event Feast Your Eyes On This - Cooking Challenge

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Hey guys, Buddah of I Love It Spicy has a new Cooking Challenge.

Cheers

Happy New Year everyone. What better way to start off the New Year, but with a contest for fiery product makers. www.ILoveItSpicy.com is running a cooking challenge in the upcoming months called, “Feast Your Eyes on This”. If you think you have the time, the chutzpah(look it up), a video camera and have the ability to cook visually stunning spicy meals, then you might want to read on. I have prizes worth over $500 to the winner of this cooking challenge. Including a free booth/table at the Jungle Jim’s Weekend of Fire Show Oct 1-2, 2011, a 1/2 booth and 3 free entries into the Fleur de Lis Awards at the NOLA Gourmet & Hot Sauce Show July 16-17, 2011. Sounding good so far?

“Feast Your Eyes on This” is not just a 1 and done challenge. This contest takes commitment and will be spread out over a few months to determine the winner. After each round, the judges will determine the winner and loser based on submitted videos from each contestant. The individual round winners will be given a reward for next round and the loser will be eliminated from the competition. Each challenge round the contestants will be given a set of instructions to follow. There will be choices along the way, and it is what the contestant makes with the choices that might make them or break them. Each round will allow the contestant to have 6 days to submit their video entry. After that time, the videos will be posted on www.ILoveItSpicy.com, and the judges will have 1 week to watch all the videos and decide who moves on to the next round. I will then announce that round’s winner and loser, and the next round’s challenge. The contest will be announced each Monday, and the contestants will have to submit entries by Saturday at midnight.

The contestants will make videos, time restricted, showcasing the individual challenges and demonstrating that they can cook and make it visually pleasing. They will have someone eat a piece of the food at the end of the video, so we at least know the dish is edible. This is a cooking contest that will be judged by appearance since the judges can not eat the food. Remember the concept of eating with your eyes, well this tests that to the fullest. Another judging criteria is the creativity displayed with the challenge. It is very easy to make a burger or a chicken breast look good, but can you take it to a mouth-watering level? The last part of the judging will be simply following the challenge. If the contestant does not comply with the rules of an individual challenge, then points will be deducted from the score.

What do you need to do to be in this contest? Well, as I said you need to have a video camera and some cooking skills. This is not a 1 week contest, so there must be commitment made by each contestant ahead of time. Since there will be major shows that some of the contestants will be appearing at, we will make sure that the contest will not interfere with anyone’s participation in those events.

The winner of the contest will also be showcased at the 2 shows, and will be expected to have some time allotted for cooking/product demos. The winner is expected to be at both shows, so if you can not make the commitment ahead of time, then please do not enter the contest.

It is important to note that this is indeed a spicy food challenge, so if you wish to showcase your own products, you are more than welcome to do so. Think of these cooking challenge videos as something you can also put up on your own website to enhance or create your recipe section. The videos are time restricted because the judges will be watching a lot of videos, so we do not want them to spend hours watching them. You can film your whole cooking demo, post it on your website, and just edit it for our contest. We ask you to wait after the round is over before you post the unedited video. You are free to post/share the link after the round is over.

Lastly, we only have spots open to 10 people, so if you wish to enter do so quickly. Send me an email to Buddah@ILoveItSpicy.com or albuddah@yahoo.com, and I will let you know the next step involved.

If you wish to be a sponsor, please contact me as well. We are looking for individual round prizes, and we can always use more prizes! :D Once we establish the 10 contestants we will announce the dates soon after. Good luck!

Eternally,
Buddah

I am super excited for this one, there is still a few openings for contestants so if you are a contest manufacturer and are able to commit to the two events if you win....CONACT BUDDAH NOW!!!!!

Wish I could commit to the prize, that's one heck of a good deal! Good luck to those who enter, and I'll be watching and drooling.

Here is round two if anyone is interested in watching it !!

http://iloveitspicy.com/2011/02/27/feast-your-eyes-on-this-round-2-contestant-videos/

xo

I'm still in in it somehow or another, Johnny of HBD is kicking everyones butt! If I somehow make it through this round, I'm gonna
pull out the "Butch T Scorpion" & see how spicy they want it!( Or how loud they are gonna laugh at me burning up,lol) It's at ILoveItSpicy.com &
remember to vote for your favorite!

Hey you guys, I've been watching and voting. Great competition and Tighb8, you are doing great! Johnny is kicking butt also, but you have come a long way! Remember to make EVERYTHING spicy, even the desserts.

Just a side note/suggestion for those who are competing- I like seeing you guys use your own sauces and spices, but to use the same sauce in everysingledish~~~~ ((snore)- I like seeing other spices and chiles being used in addition to your own. I think there was only one person who did that in the last round, most of you guys mix it up a little, using different sauces (whether your own or fresh made.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to watching all the vids each weekend.

Back