• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting feed/lights - they're up

I have my Brazilian Starfish started in 2 foam cups with a netpot containing coco coir and seed start potting soil.

Now that the seeds have germinated:

How much light would you use in terms of time?

When do I start feeding and what's a good feeder?

How long can they stay in the existing cups?

bstarfish1.jpg
bstarfish2.jpg

when i started plants indoors, i would do about 18 on-6off hrs via timer. i would make sure the lights were roughly 6"-12" away from the plans as to not burn them. Keep them in the cups until you see roots coming out the bottom (poke holes so it can drain) and that's when you can transfer to a step up. Make sure it's not totally rooted all he way around. When I transferred too, i would dust the roots with mycorrhizae both on the roots and in the dug out hole where it will be transferred to. I never fed them any fertilizer. Depends if you want to go organic or not. Once you step them up, put them in potting soil with nutrients already in it. That's just me though. 

Also, in my experience, my brazilian starfish grew really tall really fast. so if you have any other plant's your starting too, you might need to be able to tilt your lights (if they're the long bulbs)

Is now a good time to transfer?  I will be transferring to larger pots, not outside.

Can I use a Happy Frog with these young of plants or should I stay away from feeding them at this point?

They will remain indoors under lights and fans.

My main question is what type of soil can be used?  I have quite a bit of a good and rinsed coir too.

Thanks!

Attachments

• peppers.jpg
    peppers.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 70
Back