• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Feedback on NOT Black Naga - Mean Red Cross - F1 Seeds

Last year, I sent seeds of this weird cross to several members here through trades or other means. I have no idea of its stablity, but it was one NASTY pepper. It was my one and only plant I overwintered this season and fortunately did successfully. The Mother plant is just putting out some full size pods that are really, really mean looking - bumpy as hell with tails. It's a bit different morphology than in year 1, but the pod shape is pretty variable.

I'd love to see what your plant produced from my seeds if you grew them out - even if not ripe yet. :)

The heat level on this one is intense. Capsaicin galore!

Feel free to post on this thread. Thanks everyone.

Chris

It's pouring rain right now. I'll post a few pictures once things settle down outside the next couple of days. I've had several people e-mail me about seeds/pods on this one. At this point, I have no extras to share. Check with me in the Fall after I harvest more pods from this plant. I'll consider it then. Thanks.

Chris

Can't wait to see your pictures of it, i have a couple of Naga Morich plants and the pepers on it have these strange little bumps on them, they pretty evil looking like the pepper has little tiny spikes.

I have been harvesting quite a few of these,but have yet to sack up and munch one. I saved seeds from 4 phenotypes so far. One in particular I plan on growing though. It has been fun watching these this change all sorts of shapes.Almost looks like an Indian Carbon cross with some of those prehistoric spikes on them. Here are a couple pics,but I have a bunch more when I get back in town.

2012-06-11_17-35-16_993.jpg

2012-06-18_19-11-52_123.jpg

070912213411-1.jpg

070912213354-1.jpg

2012-06-26_20-26-03_316.jpg

2012-06-26_20-25-36_867.jpg

2012-07-16_18-53-27_899.jpg

NO one grew this? Seems hard to believe.

hey Chris my friend :onfire:

of course i grow your nasty baby on my windowsill. the plant is producing some mean looking chilis - unfortunetely they dont look like the original phenotype you posted last year. i want to try the other seeds in the future as well to see if i can top your evil hell babe :hell:

i´ll make some pix the next few weeks. my parents are just on vacation and took the cam with them.
have a nice grow and impatiently waiting for your images
Can

a lil´ update my friends:

honestly i was very jealous when Chris mentioned he had gotten bumpy pods and a stingy tail from his motherplant (see first post in this thread). my plant i had raised up from a single seed produced elongated pods with smoother bumps which can be hardly seen. pods which are not comparable to the original one...till now!
2day i woke up and took immediately a look at my plant. for my big surprize i found a single pod with a toady texture and a sting from hell :hell:

i am very optimistic now that this plant will produce more pods with the desired traits :onfire:

pix comming soon! :dance:

Back