• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Feferoni

I have been ignoring this pepper all summer. Still some dried pods on it and it just keeps on
going and going. It is a pickling pepper. I think I will overwinter this baby!

DSCN0790.jpg

yes it is known for being a crazy producer, i got my seed from someone in Slovenia and that's what i think she said too, they do pickle them in many counties especially Turkey, i have eaten them and there as good as Cayenne peppers gets

thanks your friend joe

Not familar with that pepper , but my daughter spent a semester in Italy and she sent me a picture of a pepper plant, same type of chili, each pod was curved in a different direction, she did travel to Slovenia but I'm possitive the photo was taken in Italy
I'd overwinter it because it hasthe short compact growth pattern.......have fun with it!

yes, mine from the seed you gifted me is keepin on- keepin on as well. I think it will get a bigger pot for next year, as well as more love and care. although I do see a haircut in its near future...

Feferoni are the most common type of hot pepper in Balkan countries such as Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia. They are usually pickled green and are a staple in most homes. The heat is cayenne type and is usually hot enough for most people.

There's a yellow one?

Datil I'm glad you got at least one seed to germinate.

They have them at the doopermarket near my other place, although come to think of it... they could be green ones that are pickled in such a way that they turn yellow?...
I'll have to have a look when I am down there next but I recall them looking pretty darn yellow.

Back