• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Feisty Parrot Savage Beast Ghost and Scorpion pepper sauce

Here is my mini review of Savage Beast By Feisty Parrot, as they were kind anough to send me a bottle for my enrty in their sauce giveaway. 

Label: 7/10 Nicely done graphics look appropriate for a hot sauce, The parrot is a nice mascot, and the label conveys the message "This is a Hot Sauce!"

Look of the sauce:9/10 attractive orange color with bits of red and white pepper, looks good.

Consistency: 10/10 nice and thick, and pours slowly.

Aroma: 7/10 Heavy on the onion, with vinegar and a little tropical fruit backing. This is an unusual aroma for a hot sauce.

Flavor: 8/10 for onion lovers like myself. If you don't like onions this sauce is not for you...It's very different from any other sauce I've tasted, reminds me the onion chutney my mom used to make. 

Heat 8/10 this is fairly hot (by my subjective standards)for a non extract sauce. Probably slightly hotter than LDHS Black Label.

This is nowhere near the heat of eating a whole superhot pepper though, and it's not supposed to be. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Good review. - what food(s) would you pair it with?
That's kind of tough to say. If you like onions, I think it would go well with a steak bomb, or a pub burger, home fries, or even something like fried okra. I could see making a spicy remoulade with it and putting it on a shrimp po-boy too. 

Thank you thegreenman!

We are really happy with the review and glad you liked it.

Try the sauce as a marinade too.

LDHS if you would like to do swap, PM us :-) :-) :-)

Back