• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Fert or nutrition question

Good morning everyone. I have little seedlings. At what point can I feed them?
Screenshot_20221130-074749_Chrome.jpg

We use Fish fertilizer liquid & Seaweed extract.
I start my peppers in Coco Coir & start them on 1/4 teaspoon per quart from the start.
Plants the size of yours I have on 1 teaspoon per quart.
As they get ready to set out I increase the dose to 1 tablespoon per gallon with 1 tablespoon of Seaweed extract.

We use Fish fertilizer liquid & Seaweed extract.
I start my peppers in Coco Coir & start them on 1/4 teaspoon per quart from the start.
Plants the size of yours I have on 1 teaspoon per quart.
As they get ready to set out I increase the dose to 1 tablespoon per gallon with 1 tablespoon of Seaweed extract.
I use bladderwrack powder (homemade). I use approx a half tablespoon to gallon. It always contain a bit salt. I don't want to stress too much roots.

Just to interject, as an observation, not sure if it’s true or not, but it’s been my experience that to a degree, peppers like low quality soil. Too much fertilizer and they’ll grow beautiful plants, but little to no fruit. It’s as if they need to be stressed a bit to grow peppers.

What is your opinion after using it as a fertilizer?
I just use it because some researchers showed that iodine helps with yields on tomato plants. I haven't really done a comparison. Also many growers will mix it with soil when they give to all kinds of vegetables. I have got very tasty chilis and hot. But not sure if it help with that.

3rd set of true leaves is usually and good starting point for fertilization if needed but your soil mix looks like it can provide enough at this stage. I like using miracle grow at half strength for what's recommended for indoor plants on small seedlings. It seems to give them just enough without getting them to grow like crazy indoors.

Back