• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fertilizing Newly Sprouted Peppers

Hi there. I was just wondering what problems I may face while fertilizing seedlings. I mixed up Miracle Gro Tomato plant food at 75% and watered my plants. I was only intending on fertilizing my plants with 2-4 sets of true leaves but was not paying direct attention and watered 'the works'. My main concern was 1 that has just broken the surface and 2 that are approximately 1 1/2" tall. The formula is 18-18-21. So I was just wondering if there is anything I can do, or just sit back and watch my mistakes unfold while hoping for the best.
I would also like to mention that I did not 'water' them with this solution, but rather gave them a little splash.

Once won't kill them. I wouldn't make it a habit though. If they turn yellow, then you gave them too much fertilizer. When they get their true leaves, I start with quarter-strength ferts, working my way to half, then 3/4, etc.

Ok.  Thank you for the replies.  I just don't know where my head was at this morning.  I wrote down the formula in ratio form for this application and I have read 1/4 strength, but as stated, I just was not thinking.  Well I am just sitting back waiting now.  Fingers crossed. 

Back