Few questions about my new plants.

Hey guys,
long time lurker, first poster here.
I've gotten the chilli-bug recently and have become quite interested in the whole thing, so I thought i'd start to grow my own plants! 

About a month ago I bought myself a Red Hab seedling from my local nursery (bunnings for all you aussies), and more recently a Red Trinidad Scorpion plant from another nursery.
I've had a few teething problems with them both, nothing major but a little concerning none the less. 

First up here's a few photos of the plants: 

Red Hab

20150105_201453.jpg

Fairly healthy little fella, lots of fruiting going on.

20150105_201438.jpg

Pests have had a bit of a nibble.

S
20150105_201621.jpg

The stem overloaded with new shoots. 

Red TS

20150105_201352.jpg

Not looking so great  :rolleyes:

20150105_201400.jpg

Leaves are quite concerning. 

Okay, now for some details.
The Red Hab has been re-potted to a 7 inch pot (current), it was bought in a small 4 inch and repotted after a couple of weeks. The soil is an organic miraclegro mix, which was supposedly for veggies. Its a medium density soil, quite fluffy and has a lot of organic material in it. It has a fairly good water retention by the looks of it too. Its had two treatments of seasol, trace nutrient mix, and liquid seaweed. Both two weeks apart.

The Red TS was bought in a small square 4 inch pot and i repotted in a few days after purchasing it. In hindsight that probably wasn't the smartest idea. Its now in an 8 inch pot, which is filled with medium grade black/brown sand from my home town. Which is what the town sits on as it is right on the beach. Very good drainage. I've put about an inch worth of top soil on top of the sand too, which was the organic miraclegro stuff.  Its also had two treatments of seasol, trace nutrient mix, and liquid seaweed. Though only a week and a half apart. The pH levels are right and are sitting on about 6.5-7 respectably. 

Now for some questions, 
As you can see the Hab is doing quite well (i think), its taking really well to the pot and has shot up remarkably quick and flowering/fruiting well. My concern is the bugs getting to it. What kind of pest is it? Slugs/snails was my uneduated guess.

The TS is my main concern. I've accidentally left it out on a really hot day - 30-35 deg Celsius. I was reading superhots are quite temperature sensitive in comparison. Are the leaves sunburnt or a possible deficiency?
Two days ago I found the optimal location for them so they get the morning sun, and a bit of the afternoon sun (until about 2pm), and they've seemed to take a little bit better to that. 

As for watering, they're gtting watered every 3 days, i've been checking the soil and only watering when its drying out. Is it possible that I am overwatering?  

And lastly, the Hab has a hell of a lot of new shoots on its stem, should i be pruning some of the older/damaged leaves so the plant can focus on producing new shoots? That goes for the TS too, i've been onsidering lopping off those damaged leaves but a little uncertain. 

Anyway, any answers and advice would be great! 
Its good to be here, you guys seem like a lively and knowledgeable bunch so im keen to get amongst it all!

Thanks heaps.  :dance:

:welcome:  to T.H.P. !  i'd back off on the water some . the scorp. looks like maybe some bacterial fungus in the soil . i had a couple like that before .i pinched off the leaves and let dry out some and treated with neem oil triple x . 

Back