• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

filmost 2015

Here we go again, Round 2 ding ding ding! If you are interested at all, here's the thread of my last grow. Sometime around mid-summer I got busy and stopped updating for a bit.

This year I am downsizing my grow a bit and focusing more on flavor/uniqueness/everyday useability instead of pure heat; family were complaining they couldn't eat anything I was growing ;-)

Here's my grow list for 2015:

-- EDITED 2/17/2015 --
Ecuadorian Sweet
MoA Scotch Bonnet
Aji Jobito -- Couldn't get any of these to germinate so have removed them.
Goats Weed
Jalapeno
Poblano -- Swapped these out for Urfa Biber
Giant Mexican Rocoto -- OW could be dead, but we will see.
Rocoto PI355812 -- OW could be dead, but we will see.
Tepin x Lemon Drop (F3) -- This is a stabilization grow only.
Brazilian Starfish
Corno di Toro Giallo
Piman -- Wife's request
CGN21500
Urfa Biber

From the above list, the two Rocoto are actually overwinters, but I fear they will not make it so we will see. If they don't then I am considering replacing them with one superhot (Bhut Orange Copenhagen) and perhaps a wild (Eximium, I think that's the one I have).

I actually started the Ecuadorian Sweet, MoA Scotch Bonnet, Aji Jobito, and Tepin x Lemon Drop on 10/10/2014. The Aji Jobito never germinated, I might start a new set or I might take it off the list all together. Of the remaining three, I kept one each of the MoA and Tepin x Lemon Drop and two of the Ecuadorian Sweet. The idea was to spend sometime experimenting with LST on the MoA and ES. The Tepin x Lemon Drop is mostly just being grown to help stabilize it. I have been keeping two plants per 1 gallon fabric pot, separated by a cardboard divider in the soil. Before this I kept them in 200ml polypots for a few weeks in fertilized seed starting mix.

The plan now is to get seeds started for the Goats Weed, Poblano, Jalapeno, and Brazilian Starfish sometime this week or next.

I'm adding a 150W LED light from a company called Mars Hydro to my indoor grow for the winter and retiring the CFLs I was using. Will be purchasing that this week and hopefully have it a week or two later.

Indoor soil this year is comprised of a mix of peat & vermiculite seed starting mix, compost, and several amendments--neem meal, crab meal, kelp meal, high P guano, and azomite if I remember correctly. Come spring time I will be moving my plants into in-ground raised beds amended with homemade compost (finally!), the above amendments and cow/chicken poo.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and here's to a fantastic 2015!

Nice grow list. I know exactly what you mean with family complaining they can't eat any chiles you grow lol. Good luck with your 2015 grow, hoping you have lots of success.

filmost said:

This year I am downsizing my grow a bit and focusing more on flavor/uniqueness/everyday useability instead of pure heat; family were complaining they couldn't eat anything I was growing ;-)

:rofl: Seems to be a common trend in glogs this year (mine too whenever I finally start it).

Thanks all! Need to get some pics up of my four babies soon, before I chop off their heads! lol

That Tepin x Lemon Drop is a lanky stretchy mofo [member='smileyguy697'], he's like twice the size of the Ecuadorian Sweet and MoA.

First pic of my current babies. Really need to get started on the next set but have been slacking recently. Perhaps this coming weekend since no English class to teach.

From left: MoA Scotch Bonnet and 2x Ecuadorian Sweet
20150112_162958 by filmost, on Flickr

Tepin x Lemon Drop F3, lanky mofo!
20150112_163011 by filmost, on Flickr

First bloom on the Tepin x Lemon Drop.
20150112_164902 by filmost, on Flickr

Is fairly leggy one. Have you topped it at all?

Yeah it is naturally leggy/vine like. Started it with the MoA and Ecuadorian Sweet, and the Tepin x LD just shot up.

I did a bit of topping already. On all plants.

Yes, those are exceptionally nice looking plants. Good Job. I'll be curiously hoping the neem and crab works for pest control.

Holy CRAP, are those healthy looking plants! What kind of compost are you using?

Thanks! LOL. Good question. Whatever it was I picked up from the garden shop here. :-)

Mixed with a peat/vermiculite starter mix, perlite, neem, crab, kelp, guano, azomite and some organic time release stuff. Let it sit for about a month, although technically nothing in this is "hot". So far I've only used water or water + humic acid concentrate.

Will be time to separate this into individual pots soon. Need to make space!

Back