hydroponic Finally a solution !

Hi Guy's

As usual I've got far too many chilli plants in my greenhouse 🫣 which causes all sorts of problems will I ever learn :banghead:🤔

Well yes 😁 I have 😎

Last few year's I've been doing different chilli trials (5 litre or 10 litre pots) multiple Scotch Bonnets one year, next year something else all trying to find varieties that do well in my wee micro climate "and" I like the taste of :thumbsup:

However this takes up alot of room in my greenhouse and I end up with chillies I'm not too found of or simply don't like ! I end up giving them to my mate Dougie he appears to have an asbestos lined mouth and stomach so he takes everything I give him 🙂

Since I started playing with kratky hydroponics last year ive made a few mistakes but learned from them and this season been playing mini and micro kratky WoW ! This appears to be the solution for trying new varieties.

I've learnt I can fit alot of trial varieties into a very small space enabling me to try a larger range of chillies 🤓

I loved the Scotch brains yellow i grew last year from f5 seed this year I decided to grow a small kratky one f6 seed to get f7 seed to make room for my 2024 superhot trial........this has taught me how I can "trial " using much less space :thumbsup:...............therefore........squeeze even more in 😁 🤣🤣🤣

762823af-e4b4-47b8-85b0-788b92b9d599-1_all_10377.jpg

A Scotch brains yellow f6 seed I grew last year so carrying f7 seed I picked off all the early tiny green pods and pruned the branches back , now I'm getting decent pod's 😎 it's in a 500ml pasta sauce jar.

762823af-e4b4-47b8-85b0-788b92b9d599-1_all_10378.jpg

Look at those tasty Scotch brains yellow 😋

Lesson learned for next year when it comes to my future chilli trial............:thumbsup:

Looking great! Its a fun way to grow :) But personally, I found it too much work to refill all the small containers. So I only do BIG kratky for peppers now, and use small soil containers for breeding projects etc

Scotch brains yellow.... I miss that one. Need to put it on the list again ;)

Back