• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Finally getting Started

Ok....just totaled my purchases for this growing season so far (still have to get pots, top soil, peat moss, perlite, rent a tiller.....on and on and on.....glad i didn't have to pay for seeds). Close to 300 bucks ( most of it will last for more than one season.)

Thanks to all that sent me seeds and information (Pepp3rFreak, thepodpiper, TriniHottie ,HotPeppersFlyFishing ).

Bought some pro-mix, seedling mat, superthrive, fish emulsion, root stimulator, mylar, shoplights, wood for grow station...... all will be worth it when i trick some unsuspecting friend into eating a whole naga morich:mouthonfire:

Wish me luck and if anyone has any extra tips....greatly appreciated

List
Naga Morich
Bhut Jholokia
Chocolate Habs
Trini Scorpion
Tabago Seasoning
7 Pot

will do about 10 other varieties and tomatoes...still need to decide on varieties

I'll wish you luck...Loads of it in fact...:lol: I'm just unsure about tricking a friend into eating a pepper though...Hope they are a close friend, one who easily forgives...LOL But, remember, pay backs are usually worse. :lol:

It's actually quite dangerous, and very unpleasant when unexpected. stop acting like a kid, everything has consequences.

:P:P

Yeah seriously though, having someone eat an entire Naga unexpectedly is not a good idea because they may not be able to handle the heat and if they died or something you'd be liable.

Although I don't know if I should be talking, as I had a buddy do a Huge bong hit of dried Naga :lol::lol:

ive never ate one so cant really comment on it (know what seeds ill be getting next) , but just wondered has anyone ever really died from eating a pepper?

jh35ky123 said:
ive never ate one so cant really comment on it (know what seeds ill be getting next) , but just wondered has anyone ever really died from eating a pepper?
Maybe if they were allergic. :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
Exactly what I was saying Omri ;)
How dare you?! you stole his nickname! *points below*
Pepp3rFreak said:
Yeah seriously though, having someone eat an entire Naga unexpectedly is not a good idea because they may not be able to handle the heat and if they died or something you'd be liable.

Although I don't know if I should be talking, as I had a buddy do a Huge bong hit of dried Naga
Honestly, at first I thought he changed his avatar! :shocked:

I'm kidding. :lol:

jh35ky123 said:
ive never ate one so cant really comment on it

And yet you insist on rejecting the advice of people who have.

(know what seeds ill be getting next) , but just wondered has anyone ever really died from eating a pepper?

You can make someone who isn't expecting something that hot quite ill, and if they have an underlying condition, it can trigger other medical issues like blood pressure, heart attack or stroke.

I was joking ..... everyone that knows me knows I eat everything superhot.....so I would never be able (nor would i want or try) to trick anyone into eating a whole pepper of any kind.....just a little humor is all

mrwicks said:
I was joking ..... everyone that knows me knows I eat everything superhot.....so I would never be able (nor would i want or try) to trick anyone into eating a whole pepper of any kind.....just a little humor is all
So you're one of those "reasonable" folks I've been hearing about. I guess you do exist... :think:

Why even bother "tricking" someone, when all you have to do is tell them that its extremely hot and will blow their face off. Thats what I usually do, and with my friends and family, the old saying goes, curiosity killed the cat :) Morbid curiosity is amazing.

mrwicks said:
Ok....just totaled my purchases for this growing season so far (still have to get pots, top soil, peat moss, perlite, rent a tiller.....on and on and on.....glad i didn't have to pay for seeds). Close to 300 bucks ( most of it will last for more than one season.)

Wish me luck and if anyone has any extra tips....greatly appreciated

List
Naga Morich
Bhut Jholokia
Chocolate Habs
Trini Scorpion
Tabago Seasoning
7 Pot

I would hate to total what I have spent on this 2008 growing season mrwicks...but...I am sure the wife can tell me since I put it all on the credit card...

very nice list of heat my friend....(besides the seasoning pepper)

Straticus said:
Why even bother "tricking" someone, when all you have to do is tell them that its extremely hot and will blow their face off. Thats what I usually do, and with my friends and family, the old saying goes, curiosity killed the cat :) Morbid curiosity is amazing.

And then there are the belligerent, who are determined to do exactly what you tell them not to do.

Back