• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Finally took the plunge.

bent I did not say do not cook with them the man wants to eat it raw . You had my powder and the Naga gave it the heat I do use them but I do fear them (like cops lol )
Dan

LET IT BURN

l

bowhunter said:
bent I did not say do not cook with them the man wants to eat it raw . You had my powder and the Naga gave it the heat I do use them but I do fear them (like cops lol )
Dan

LET IT BURN

l
Like I said; I'm willing to try anything once. :lol:

bowhunter said:
Dan

Sorry bowhunter I misunderstood - Certainly try a little raw on food, but damn don't eat it straight on its own, that stuff will kill you if you're unprepared.

lol @ (like cops)

I got the dorset naga seeds I bought on ebay yesterday...7 cents a seed isn't bad. Anyway, there was a few small "sticks" of dried placenta in with the 40 seeds. I took a piece of the dried tissue that was the size of a dash ( - ), put it between my front teeth and "minced" it up...it is definitely on the world class hot list (IMHO)...mouth burn was top of palate and both sides of tongue with a slight burn to the front of the tongue and lips.

don't mean to hijack thread, just sharing an experience with you...

stillmanz said:
Sorry don't want to start an augument but there is no way an African birds eye is as hot as an Orange habanero. Orange habanero Have been scorvilled around 200 000 shu++++ African birds eye are hot and they hit you in the lips like thai birds eye making them feelhotter than they are.
Wait tillthose nagas are podding foryou then you will no your alive.

@bent I agree nagas ahve a beautiful flavour I just think people need to fear them a little...like cops lol
==================================
Here's an interessting article from the Chile Pepper Institute in NM. These guys actually planted an acre of red savinas, orange habs, and naga's, respectively. They harvested all the fruit, blended each individual varietal, and measured the heat, to get a good overall SHU reading that was average over an acre (in other words, sound scientific practices were employed)

While the Naga came out on top with 1 million shu (and some change), the surprise was that the orange hab, at 357k shu outperformed the red savina (248k).

On the average, orange habs are hotter than red savinas.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/sagajolokia.asp

Impossible to hijack a thread on heat, Alabama. I look forward to my first pods off the naga seeds I just started.....with trepidation....and anticipation. :hell:

I read that before... and I know I get a bit repetitve with the Orange hab thing but in an OZ summer with a stressed plant they are absolutely incidendry. Not naga hot but stop drop and roll none the less. lol

Well yeah, I don't live down south (where it's fiery hot)... so you Aussie's have an advantage over me. ;)

Wait till your summer it gets about 40c in summer in Israil don't it? You gonna grow some angry peppers this summer coming.

It's winter and some of the southern areas in Israel are getting 25c-30c. :lol:
Like I said, I don't live down south (I meant south Israel, not south of the world), so 35c is the max for me.

Actually, Thank Dave. I just got on the email list for his newsletter.

I find it fascinating what they do at the Chile Pepper Institute. One day, I must visit.

I bet, Stillmanz. One day I'll have to bring the wife to your neck of the woods. It'll be great to try your stressed peppers....and all the good beer down there.

Ate another one from a different source....same result. I've always loved habs....never knew how good they were by themselves. Cat's out of the bag now.

Back