Finding Passion Again

Thanks for accepting me to this group. I have owned a successful technology service business for 20 years. Along the way the industry changed and the thankful job I set out to do became very thankless as technology grew. Now it's the button on an app on the phone, I need it now or i'll find someone else mentality. The plan was to allow our son and only child to take over but his life was taken at 23 six months ago over an iPhone theft. I spent the last six months evaluating my life and attempting to find my passion again. It came to me recently, I love hot peppers, I had my first jalapeno at age 10, I use ghost powder on my food daily, eat habaneros whole and above all I love living, growing things. I needed something to bring me out of my constant depression and give me a purpose. The wife and I  decided to create and dedicate "Magno Farms" to my son and the legacy of our name that he cannot carry on after us. I am in the process of building three greenhouses with shade cloth so I can transplant 225+ super hot pepper plants started from seedlings. So far I have kept them all alive. My plan is to enter into the Texas cottage food industry making hot sauce, salsa, pepper mash, dried peppers and powder. We shall see where this takes us. This is a "NO FAIL" situation for me so wish us luck. Look for the name in a few years as I still have a lot to learn. 

Magno Farms said:
Thanks for accepting me to this group. I have owned a successful technology service business for 20 years. Along the way the industry changed and the thankful job I set out to do became very thankless as technology grew. Now it's the button on an app on the phone, I need it now or i'll find someone else mentality.allow our son a The plan was to nd only child to take over but his life was taken at 23 six months ago over an iPhone theft. I spent the last six months evaluating my life and attempting to find my passion again. It came to me recently, I love hot peppers, I had my first jalapeno at age 10, I use ghost powder on my food daily, eat habaneros whole and above all I love living, growing things. I needed something to bring me out of my constant depression and give me a purpose. The wife and I  decided to create and dedicate "Magno Farms" to my son and the legacy of our name that he cannot carry on after us. I am in the process of building three greenhouses with shade cloth so I can transplant 225+ super hot pepper plants started from seedlings. So far I have kept them all alive. My plan is to enter into the Texas cottage food industry making hot sauce, salsa, pepper mash, dried peppers and powder. We shall see where this takes us. This is a "NO FAIL" situation for me so wish us luck. Look for the name in a few years as I still have a lot to learn.

sympathy-ecards-condolences-on-your-loss-postcard--master.jpg

And .......
JfgE6Ce.gif

I am sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad you found this forum. Thp forum is full of so much knowledge and genuine, friendly, helpful people that it amazes me on a regular basis. Don't be afraid to ask questions and post plenty of pictures along the way. Wishing you the best of luck.

:welcome:  from the Pacific NorthWest!

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
I can't even imagine how that is for you.

Good on ya for pulling yourself out of your
depression, and I hope your Magno Farms is 
a roaring success.

Best wishes and good luck going forward.

PaulG

Magno Farms said:
Thanks for accepting me to this group. I have owned a successful technology service business for 20 years. Along the way the industry changed and the thankful job I set out to do became very thankless as technology grew. Now it's the button on an app on the phone, I need it now or i'll find someone else mentality. The plan was to allow our son and only child to take over but his life was taken at 23 six months ago over an iPhone theft. I spent the last six months evaluating my life and attempting to find my passion again. It came to me recently, I love hot peppers, I had my first jalapeno at age 10, I use ghost powder on my food daily, eat habaneros whole and above all I love living, growing things. I needed something to bring me out of my constant depression and give me a purpose. The wife and I  decided to create and dedicate "Magno Farms" to my son and the legacy of our name that he cannot carry on after us. I am in the process of building three greenhouses with shade cloth so I can transplant 225+ super hot pepper plants started from seedlings. So far I have kept them all alive. My plan is to enter into the Texas cottage food industry making hot sauce, salsa, pepper mash, dried peppers and powder. We shall see where this takes us. This is a "NO FAIL" situation for me so wish us luck. Look for the name in a few years as I still have a lot to learn. 
I'm so sorry for your loss but I am glad that you and your wife have found an avenue to work through your loss. I hope your business flourishes and the legacy of your son and family will live on. 

Welcome to THP and my condolences on your loss.  The members in this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful - poke around a bit - pretty much any question you might have is to be found somewhere herein.  Feel free to DM me if you can't find anything specific.  :)

Back