• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

F'ing car got towed!!!!!1

So i wake up this morning at 7:45 all ready to go to work early, get up and throw on some clothes run down stairs....wtf did I park? Oh yeah I parked around here...did I go to the store and move my car? No? wait.....WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This dude out crappin his dog is like hey man they towed someone over there last night.

WHATHTHTHHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOWED!!! FoR WHAT!!! I FRIGGIN LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I walk all around the entire complex looking for the towing company's number since the office was closed. I couldn't find it. I finally did on a sign out near the street. So I call them:

Me: "Hello, I'm trying to find out if yall towed my car"
Her: "One sec....ok what kind"
Me: "03 nissan altima, tan"
Her: "K....one sec.....when was it towed?"
Me: "Sometime between when I got home and parked in THE RIGHT F***ING SPOT and woke up this morning.
Her: "k yeah we have it. Picked up at the Meridian apartments off rundberg?"
Me: "Yes, good, you know where you found it, NOW F***ING BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!
Her: "Um, no"
Me: Why the f*** not, I LIVE HERE! I had every right to be parked where I was.
Her: "Well you didn't have a parking permit"
Me: "You mean to tell me that I don't have a f***ing parking permit stuck to the fucking windshield on the driver side? You honestly going to tell me that?"
Her: "Fine, I'll check *puts me on hold 10 f***ing min*
Her: *comes back with a different tone* Um...where do you want us to drop it off.
Me: Where yall f***ing found it.

So thats where I am right now. Waiting. On my car to get towed TO my apartment. Should I charge them an arbitrary fee to give my car back? I think I should demand money. Hell they usually steal cars then ask for money to get them back, they should at least respect the attempt at getting money for nothing. F***ing lowest form of life on earth, nothing but a bunch of car thieves with the law's approval.

I'd make a major issue of it to the towing company, and 'mention' it to your landlord as well. Try to find out if the tow driver was 'trolling' around the lot looking for sh*t to tow. If so, i don't know about Texas, but thats way illegal here. They shut down 5 towing companies and arrested the owners and drivers for that stuff in Tampa-St. Pete a couple of years ago.

It's life Jim, but not as we know it!

Some guys walk around with their head in the pants and their butt in the air. Don't know how they can drive a towing truck that way.

Yeah, well, I'm still at home waiting on my car. I'm about to walk over to the apartment office and complain. I mean I might as well call in today, its already damn near 10am. I should demand compensation and threaten to call a lawyer.

Ok, its 10:30 and i'm still waiting. I'm seriously going to demand payment. I'm going to calculate it based on when I should have been at work and when they got my goddamned car to me. Multiply that by my hourly pay. Seems reasonable to me.

Damn good luck TX.Never dealt with a towing company that wasn`t total crap.I`m with you and would be raising hell to no end.Hope your day ends better than it started.

Txclosetgrower said:
Ok, its 10:30 and i'm still waiting. I'm seriously going to demand payment. I'm going to calculate it based on when I should have been at work and when they got my goddamned car to me. Multiply that by my hourly pay. Seems reasonable to me.

Perhaps you should've called the cops and reported it stolen.:hell:
But in order to receive compensation, that'll probably involve small claims court and/or a civil suit as well. So yeah, definitely call your lawyer about this.

Sickmont said:
Perhaps you should've called the cops and reported it stolen.:hell:
But in order to receive compensation, that'll probably involve small claims court and/or a civil suit as well. So yeah, definitely call your lawyer about this.

Already called the cops and filed a report. Company still isn't here with my car. Unless they towed it to f***ing Houston, they should have been able to get it here already. It's been 2.5 hours.

Txclosetgrower said:
Already called the cops and filed a report. Company still isn't here with my car. Unless they towed it to fucking Houston, they should have been able to get it here already. It's been 2.5 hours.

They obviously aren't trying very hard to get it back to you quickly. You're continuing to call and harass them, yes? Oh, and before the driver leaves, do a major inspection of your car to check for damage.

Sickmont said:
They obviously aren't trying very hard to get it back to you quickly. You're continuing to call and harass them, yes? Oh, and before the driver leaves, do a major inspection of your car to check for damage.

Just got it back. Did a full inspection, no damage that I can see. However, my car was nosed into a space adn it is a front wheel drive automatic, so I want to know how they got it out of the spot without dragging it. I called the tow company and the woman was a complete bitch. I told her that I expected compensation for losing half a day's work because of a mistake they made. And she gave me all kind of attitude. I explained that they would have no problem taking MY MONEY if I was the one in the wrong, but they are refusing to attempt to make this right even though they were wrong? I mean can you imagine what the police would do to YOU if you accidentally took someone's car even if you were legally supposed to be taking certain cars? It boils down to f***ing theft.

Txclosetgrower said:
Just got it back. Did a full inspection, no damage that I can see. However, my car was nosed into a space adn it is a front wheel drive automatic, so I want to know how they got it out of the spot without dragging it. I called the tow company and the woman was a complete bitch. I told her that I expected compensation for losing half a day's work because of a mistake they made. And she gave me all kind of attitude. I explained that they would have no problem taking MY MONEY if I was the one in the wrong, but they are refusing to attempt to make this right even though they were wrong? I mean can you imagine what the police would do to YOU if you accidentally took someone's car even if you were legally supposed to be taking certain cars? It boils down to fucking theft.

It's a form of legal theft IMO. I f**king hate dealing with tow companies in general. And yes, sorry to say this but they dragged it, dude. Your car isn't like a typical rear wheel drive where you can easily get underneath it and unhook the shift linkage and pop it into neutral. And as i said before, call your lawyer.

In all honesty, it's probably not worth the trouble. It's one of those cases where it's too small for the cops/court to give a shit, and you're not allowed to just whip someone's ass over it like back in the day. It would cost me 10x in lawyer cost & court fees than I'd make back on a settlement. Sucks but true.

Sue them for their last shirt button. They should be able to creep under the closed door as soon as you are done with them. For killing trannies they should lose their license. Even if your car really wouldn't have belonged there it lacks the proportionality of means to unprofessionally drag a car killing the tranny if that car doesn't stand in a fire fighters attack route or on a railroad track or something like that.

Txclosetgrower said:
In all honesty, it's probably not worth the trouble. It's one of those cases where it's too small for the cops/court to give a shit, and you're not allowed to just whip someone's ass over it like back in the day. It would cost me 10x in lawyer cost & court fees than I'd make back on a settlement. Sucks but true.

If your car is okay that might be true. But test drive it carefully!

They drag cars all the time. If the cars not supposed to be there, the thinking is "f*ck it, it shouldn't have been parked there in the first place".

Hey Tex, remember those nice citations you left on the windsheilds???
Seems like someone is trying to get back at you a little.....

And in the voice of Ted Bullpit (youtube it) "Someone should blow towing companies up".

Novacastrian said:
Hey Tex, remember those nice citations you left on the windsheilds???
Seems like someone is trying to get back at you a little.....

And in the voice of Ted Bullpit (youtube it) "Someone should blow towing companies up".

Lmao, only problem is I was parked far away from my actual partment. And apparently one of the towable offense around here is "parking like an asshole" or parking across the line. I found that out from the management here. And I still think I was justified handing out the ticket lol. :)

I'd talk to the apartment manager about it. They have a contract with that towing company and should be partially responsible when the tow company does that sort of thing. Maybe you can get a month's free rent out of the deal.

Back