• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum "Fire" variety Serrano seeds available for trade?

I would like to obtain some seeds from a specific variety of Serrano called "Fire".
Does anyone have any of that type for trade?

I have some seeds I would gladly trade for them.
I will count what I have and provide a list if anyone has these seeds available.

Thanks
Bruce

fire is very similar to Hidalgo which i have

if i have not missed my guess "fire" has hairy stems and leaves and the fruit looks like the Hidalgo

thanks your friend joe

Thanks Joe!
And guess what? 

I did a search on Hidalgo pepper and it took me to Reimer Seeds.
They have those listed, but are Out of Stock.
They do indeed look just like the "Fire" peppers I have been looking for and are described the same and...... even better......
THEY HAVE THE FIRE PEPPER SEEDS in stock!!!    WOOHOOO!!!! :dance:
On a whim, I searched for "fire".. in their website and that is the first thing that came up!
Ordering some..  Getting 20 seeds per pack for $2.00.  Not bad at all, will add a few more things too.

Searches for Fire Pepper had not been successful for some reason.

I have found the Fire peppers to have a different "spicy" taste unlike a normal Serrano.  Have you noticed that too with the Hidalgo?
My chili, etc. just has not been the same without them.  They are plenty hot too but not too much and are a little bit "meatier" than Serranos.

Thanks for the tip... I have been looking for years for these.... :dance:  :party:  :P

Bruce

Revwarnut said:
Thanks Joe!
And guess what? 

I did a search on Hidalgo pepper and it took me to Reimer Seeds.
They have those listed, but are Out of Stock.
They do indeed look just like the "Fire" peppers I have been looking for and are described the same and...... even better......
THEY HAVE THE FIRE PEPPER SEEDS in stock!!!    WOOHOOO!!!! :dance:
On a whim, I searched for "fire".. in their website and that is the first thing that came up!
Ordering some..  Getting 20 seeds per pack for $2.00.  Not bad at all, will add a few more things too.

Searches for Fire Pepper had not been successful for some reason.

I have found the Fire peppers to have a different "spicy" taste unlike a normal Serrano.  Have you noticed that too with the Hidalgo?
My chili, etc. just has not been the same without them.  They are plenty hot too but not too much and are a little bit "meatier" than Serranos.

Thanks for the tip... I have been looking for years for these.... :dance:  :party:  :P

Bruce
glad i could help
i never have eaten the fire strain so im not sure about similarity in heat or anything other than appearance
however be very careful with Riemer they have a bad reputation for mislabeling seeds and poor customer service
don't be too surprised upon harvest or a little before if you didn't get what you payed for
im not putting them down but when you hear the same stories time and time again i would be inclined to believe there true, having said this i would not buy from them

i hope that im wrong if you do decide to buy from them

thanks your friend Joe

I ordered the fire pepper from cross country nurseries last year. The plant did not do well, and I was too
busy with my other peppers to repot it. Only got 2 peppers off the plant, but I did save a few seeds. I do
remember it being a fuzzy plant. Do you remember that characteristic when you last grew it?

The Fire variety as I knew them was short and blocky like pictured here.  http://www.foodista.com/food/R45DZ6WJ/serrano-pepper#

They had a "spicy" taste unlike any other standard Serrano I have tried.
I have tried generic Serrano and the Serrano Tampiqueno and they were not the same.

They were extremely prolific here in Minnesota but I had to dig them up an finish them inside a few years due to frost.

I am going to give them a try again and will see if I can get some Hidalgos as they look about the same.

Bruce

My thanks to Roper2008
She is sending me some seeds.
We will have to compare when they mature.

I am also going to do a side by side comparison to the Hidalgo peppers once I can.

Back