• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first flowers to pods

I've got tons of plants that are getting there first set of flowers. Keep in mind they are indoors under hid. Idk if that makes a difference compared to the sun but i know its not nearly as many lumens. Any way what I'm wondering is are these going to turn into pods or do the first few sets fall off under this type of light or are they to young to produce still. This naga morich was planted 1/9.
CAM00366_zps8209c343.jpg

CAM00362_zps1ab4aeb8.jpg

There's a lot of reasons flowers fall off but afaik age of the plant isn't one of them.
Too hot, too cold, not pollinated, things like that. Williard on here posts his list a lot.
To pollinate if its indoors away from bugs either give the branches a shake or take a qtip, small soft brush, or even your finger and gently brush the flower inside. You want to get the polen off the outside ring of prongs to the center one.
That's about it but a very basic explanation.

There's a lot of reasons flowers fall off but afaik age of the plant isn't one of them.
Too hot, too cold, not pollinated, things like that. Williard on here posts his list a lot.
To pollinate if its indoors away from bugs either give the branches a shake or take a qtip, small soft brush, or even your finger and gently brush the flower inside. You want to get the polen off the outside ring of prongs to the center one.
That's about it but a very basic explanation.

Right. I knew all that and have been pollinating them with q tips but I'm just worried they will not take. I guess time will tell. My temps are in the low to mid 80s which should be ideal. Idk... Maybe I'm just worried too much about it because its my first time. I had a flower fall off one plant and was thinking its going to happen to all of them. Lol... I just want some damn fresh peppers

Your plant will drop tons of flowers until it starts to set pods. I would say around 3 bloom stages. Hand pollinating is recommended while growing indoors. You can feel free to pinch buds and flowers so the plants will concentrate on growth. When your plant is ready to set pods around 120 days give or take. Make sure you use an hps grow light if growing indoors. As well as bloom fert

Your plant will drop tons of flowers until it starts to set pods. I would say around 3 bloom stages. Hand pollinating is recommended while growing indoors. You can feel free to pinch buds and flowers so the plants will concentrate on growth. When your plant is ready to set pods around 120 days give or take. Make sure you use an hps grow light if growing indoors. As well as bloom fert

That's what i thought. Actually i thought it was too early cause there only a little over 90 days old. Everything I've read says 120 to 180 days for Chinese. Maybe my hopes are just set too high.

That's what i thought. Actually i thought it was too early cause there only a little over 90 days old. Everything I've read says 120 to 180 days for Chinese. Maybe my hopes are just set too high.

You are just anxious like I was waiting for my first pods. I feel ya. Waiting for first pods is the hardest part.

I didn't have any luck with paint brushes or Q-tips. I've had my best success using my pinky finger and a fan. I think it just takes the right conditions and when it happens they will start to pump them out.

As far as not knowing what to do with all the pods, "Paying Forward" to fellow THPers is a very satisfying feeling. ;)

What size is that pot you have them in?

There in ten or twelve inch pots. Its prolly not even 2 gallons. I ran out of space in the flats and had to do something. Gonna use buckets and wally bags for outside if it ever warms up.

I didn't have any luck with paint brushes or Q-tips. I've had my best success using my pinky finger and a fan. I think it just takes the right conditions and when it happens they will start to pump them out.

As far as not knowing what to do with all the pods, "Paying Forward" to fellow THPers is a very satisfying feeling. ;)

Lol! I have a dehydrator and gonna make paste but had already been planning on having fun and giving some away on here.

Powder and sauce my friend! And of course there's always the option to give some to unsuspecting friends. :hell:

I got a couple people in mind! Haha!

Back