• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video First Full Hab Video

EB, you are an inspiration! I've always enjoyed hot foods, but I've always been a little intimidated by habs as I had an extreme case of hab hand once while cooking. Never tried one all by itself.

I found some fresh hab and serrano peppers at a mexican store today. Ate a couple of serranos this afternoon and they were smokin but a piece of cake. So, decided to try a hab tonight. Wish I had a video camera so you could all have a laugh at me.

I picked a smaller hab and chewed it up and swallowed. Piece of cake. Nice burn to the tongue and throat, just a bit of tingle to the lips. Thought these must not be as hot as they were supposed to be. So I picked a medium sized one. Ten seconds in I started to get a little worried. Another ten seconds and I knew I was in trouble. I think the tears hit before I really even felt the heat. I'm such a wimp. About 45 seconds in I flashed back to elementary school, STOP, DROP, and ROLL! Nicely done EB. I was a baby compared to you. I think I will "train" a little longer before I move up to Bhuts.

Best of luck to ya. I'm looking forward to seeing your next vid. But I am not looking forward to tomorrows "morning constitutional."

Pepper Turd said:
But I am not looking forward to tomorrows "morning constitutional."

hahaha... dude, i'm laughin my butt off picturing you doin a flash back to elementary school hahaha! thanks by the way... it took me a long time to get the nerve up to try one myself! how is your stomach feeling after the peppers... any hab gut?

Just a hint of a hab gut. My stomach is made of cast iron though. Keep getting the occasional "second taste" of my dinner mixed with a strong fruity flavor.:mouthonfire:

I suppose I'll try it all again in a day or two. Still have almost a half pound of those little gut bombs.

Back