• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Grind

Stopped off after work and got me a coffee grinder. First grind of some flakes I had made. I can't wait to grind some lemon drops!!!

firstgrind.jpg

Cool! Powder on right looks finer don't know why.

+1 Very nice. Are those quart zip locks? That's a lot of peppers. As a "grinder" myself, i know how many peppers are needed to make even a small amount of powder. Inquiring minds want to know what peppers were used, especially the dark one on the left.

The dark one looks like when I kind of burnt some peppers while cherry smoking them. One friend liked that added smoky(read:burnt/charred) taste so he loved getting the whole 4oz. lol

Those were both made from cayenne peppers. The one on the left for dried a little more than the one on the right. Now I can mix these right into my breadcrumbs for fish.

Friends at work are going to be disappointed as their amount of free stuff is going to take a hit as I explore my drying/grinding kick. At least I will still bring them fresh salsa once a week or so. (And these new peppers are going to make the flavor awesome!!!!)

I plan on a lot more grinding and just plain drying this year. i am running an ad for a nice excalliber wanted on Cl I know eventually one will come along cheap. The old no control one works well if ya barley crack the lid. It lowers the heat, and helps hold the original color more. Don't forget some for the Hush puppies.

Took that grinder back as it wasn't up to snuff for me. Picked up a mr coffee one and it did a number on my super chili pepper flakes. Got about an inch and a half in a half pint jar.

Was pulling some seeds out of some cayenne I had been drying for a germ test and wiped my nose...OMG bad idea.

For the record, my comment was in no way directed towards you. I really do not care what forum anyone posts in. Simply trying to follow some degree of forum protocal to avoid mod wrath.

Back