• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First Grow Log..let's grow!

Hello fellow Capsichums!

I figured I would start a log here, mainly to learn and also share some of my own experience with what seems like a bunch of fellow plant nerds!

I have grown organically(mostly indoors) for about 5 years but am new to growing peppers! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to feed as they grow, as I am used to growing in large 20gal pots, which are much easier to manage with just top dressing and watering, whereas the peppers will be going into 5 gals max and will be outdoors(indoor space is for more..profitable crop...).

Not really the style I'm used to! But I will have over 130 plants once I pop the last few seed packs I have... try filling 130 20gals with soil LMAO
No thanks.
Anyways...the varieties I have starting right now(direct seeded March 21st) are a Cayenne Blend, Thai Hot, Shishito, Ghost, JalaFuego, Serrano, Jalapeno and Mini Bell. I'm also waiting on some Aji Gold, Yellow Scotch Bonnet, Carolina Reaper and Habanada seeds to arrive that I will be starting too.

I think I'm going a bit mad with the amount but hey, what ya gonna do lol

An exhilirating look at some soil and tags you can't read.
IMG_3312.JPG

Cayenne was the winner in the race to sprout!
IMG_3310.JPG

These are the Mini Bells which I neglected to write date of seeding but I'm going with the 16th of March!
IMG_3311.JPG

I plan on keeping this updated at least weekly. Hopefully make some friends along the way.
If you have any questions about my soil mix or indoor setup, feel free to ask!

See you in the garden!

Last edited:
I love seeing fresh soil in seed trays! Especially if I know there's fresh seeds in there. It holds the promise of life. 😀

Some nice varieties you plan on growing I see. I'll be following along for sure.

May all your seeds sprout.

Quite an ambitious first grow (with peppers), I like it! :dance:
Best of luck on the grow, and remember we gladly offer advice if you run into troubles or have questions

Quite an ambitious first grow (with peppers), I like it! :dance:
Best of luck on the grow, and remember we gladly offer advice if you run into troubles or have questions
Thanks!

I’m thinking water soluble nutrients will be best for smaller pots, but it’s hard to regulate that outside with rain and not wanting to overwater.
This is why I generally prefer dry amendments..but a plant with only 5 gal of soil space needs a lot of attention!

Just a quick update, things are coming along nicely. I'll be transplanting most of these into solo cups before bigger pots.

Anyone got any good ideas for finding containers to use. Nursery pots can be expensive! Trying to get as many as I can into at least 5 gallon containers.

Sorry for the sideways pictures lol

IMG_3351.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg

Anyone got any good ideas for finding containers to use. Nursery pots can be expensive! Trying to get as many as I can into at least 5 gallon containers.
Facebook market is always a good place to start looking. Lowe’s sometimes gives away their old/extra containers for free. You might also check with landscape companies to see if they have any laying around the yard.

Last edited:
Facebook market is always a good place to start looking. Lowe’s sometimes gives away their old/extra containers for free. You might also check with landscape companies to see if they have any laying around the yard.
Thanks there’s a Lowes right near me I’ll go scrounge tomorrow 😌

Hey pro-pepper people!
I bought a trinidad scorpion today from the local garden centre(Brawley garden centrein Mooresville, NC), the best one I know of close to me if you get the chance to check it out.
The one I got already has some flowers getting ready to pop on it. Should these be plucked off so early in the season to allow the plant to get a little bigger?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 48
Back