• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first grow season

The Pusa Jwala, I've already picked a couple of ripe chillis from it
IMG_0944.jpg

A trinidad scorpion, slow to grow but looking pretty good.
IMG_0946.jpg

The best of the Purple tigers, I have more of these than anything else, but they are a very nice looking plants, can't wait to try the first ripe chilli from this one
IMG_0950.jpg

This is a Siam Hot (or at least that's what the label on the plant I got from the nursery said) All other were started from seeds from Hippy Seed Co Neil.
IMG_0954.jpg

great looking plants for a first timer...congratulations..

Some may differ with me, but if I were you, I would eliiminate any leaf touching the soil or mulch...reason being, this is a path nasties such as ants carrying aphids or cut worms/slugs can use to get on the plant...I keep my leaves at least one inch off the ground/mulch...

I've pushed the mulch out the way now, I'd hate to lose that scorpion.
the Pusa Jwala is a fantastic producer, the heat caught me by surprise when I ate one fresh off the plant :onfire:
Came home last night and one of the Aji Lemons is ripe :) I'd post a picture, but for some reason I don't have permission I'm hoping I can overwinter them in a sun room and move two or three at a time under lights to keep getting crops over winter

Not sure about the Aji Lemon heat and taste yet, first taste test will be this weekend :) Neil (THSC) rates it about an 8 which is what he rated the Pusa Jwala and they knocked my socks off.
Picture003.jpg

This was taken this morning, I still need to get in there and trim back some of the leaves touching the mulch.

Just tasted the Aji Lemon, nice heat probably about a 7 or 8, I couldn't pick up much of a citrus flavour to them, it was there, but very faint.
I reckon they'll be great to use to make Thai fishcakes when I have a few more ripe ones

Back