First grow, urgent answer for noob question!

Since the roots are already coming out of it, leave the netting on. Removing the netting may (and usually does, even for experienced growers) rip out the roots.

as long as you cut it similar as i said, so it can expand you should be fine. I think they can stunt a little bit when a plant's young til they are strong enough to break through. But I don't think they were the cause of small pods on a mature plant.

hogleg said:
as long as you cut it similar as i said, so it can expand you should be fine. I think they can stunt a little bit when a plant's young til they are strong enough to break through. But I don't think they were the cause of small pods on a mature plant.

Thanks for the help, what do you think of my grow list?

Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Bhutlah
Red Bhutlah
Big bang chocolate naga
Butch T Scorpion
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion

Also going to get a few not-so hot ones.

ChilliNewb said:

Thanks for the help, what do you think of my grow list?

Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Bhutlah
Red Bhutlah
Big bang chocolate naga
Butch T Scorpion
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion

Also going to get a few not-so hot ones.

Yea, I was gonna say thats a great list but where are your eating peppers? :rofl:   You got some  :fire: there.

hogleg said:

Yea, I was gonna say thats a great list but where are your eating peppers? :rofl:   You got some  :fire: there.

Haha, yeah I like to eat them with friends for fun, but most of these will be cooked with and used for making salsa dips, can you recommend some not so hot ones? Fatali? Habanero? 

Chocolate habs are one of my favs, Aji Pineapple or any baccatum for that matter I've only tried a few but liked all of them. Fresno's are great, fast easy to grow, and prolific. I'm a big fan of Jimmy Nardello's for sweets, another fast and prolific plant. And of course my favorite drying pepper Goatsweed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the netting, since the roots act like hydraulic jacks and push everything out of the way, and the netting is no different.

Back