• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics First Harvest

It's been nearly 8 years since I've had an orange Habanero pod (my Costa Rica reds aren't even close). Today (I couldn't wait for the rest) I cut my first ripe pod and ate about 25% of it (including a complete placenta rib). :censored: it was hot! :fire:
Obviously I'm out of shape. Burn=tongue and back of throat; about 6 minutes. :high: definitely. Endorphens kicked in. :lol:
The flavor was just as I remembered; so off to see the wizard! ;)

FirstHarvest.jpg

Cheers.

Verne,

i just had one Red hab 2 days ago myself.
I, seriously had TEARS!

hPbxpsjG.jpeg

Nice, looks hot.
No tears here yet, but a runny nose and sweaty forehead. There are 5 more on the plant and they're coming off tomorrow and into a salsa. I'll be drying out a number of them as well.
My Costa Rican Red Habanero will likely start ripening next week.
Glad to see you got some pods. Cheers. :)

Well, tomorrow I'm harvesting 5 more of those hotties and they're going into a fresh tomato based salsa with lots of lime juice and GARLIC. I'll post the recipe in the appropriate forum (which escapes me at the moment). I'll add some pak chi/cilantro/Chinese parsley (all the same thing) to "Mexicanize" it a bit. :)

Great to hear, Hope you get a great harvest as well. I've forgot my dirt had 08/24/24 in it and not enough Nit, so my first flowering Pepper is only 12 inch High,,, and Its a bell pepper. Been thinking about to many new types of plants. Will fix it for the White, Chocolate Habs. But will forget again for the next... Can I add Nit after and get them a bigger size ? ? ?

Great to hear, Hope you get a great harvest as well. I've forgot my dirt had 08/24/24 in it and not enough Nit, so my first flowering Pepper is only 12 inch High,,, and Its a bell pepper. Been thinking about to many new types of plants. Will fix it for the White, Chocolate Habs. But will forget again for the next... Can I add Nit after and get them a bigger size ? ? ?

I wouldn't add it now, 8 should be just fine. Be very careful about too much fertilizer. Cheers.

Back