• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Hydro Peppers!

Hey everyone, this was my first year doing hydro and finally got my first 2 chilies. This experience has been both good and bad. I have learned a lot by reading this site. I can't believe the growth you can get by planting in a dwc. I started these plants on 6/14 and the tallest plant being 7 inches tall. Now the plants are over 3 feet. Its amazing! Im in the process of building a indoor grow room for the winter, with a drip system. The plants I planted were suppose to be bhut jolokia but it does not seem they grew out to that but still some cool looking pods. I plan on trying one tomorrow and will update with flavor and heat.
http://i1266.photobu...20/c7d5045d.jpg

Oh yeah, you get crazy results from growing in hydro. This is my 2nd summer and I have took care of my mistakes from last year and Im doing real good and getting great results. You learn as you grow. Going hydro is one of the the ways of getting full plant potential (and sometimes more) out of your plants especially if you live in a climate that gives a short growing season. Last years mistakes for me were using an agressive grow phase, low light, and not putting outside as the weather became stable. I eliminated those problems and Im expecting to have a real good harvest this year. Youll find that hydro is the way to go in most cases, and presents may benifits like easy cloning. I find DWC my preffered choice as its pretty much maintenance free.

my dwc scorpion
P1030216.jpg

easily a hundred! with tons more flowers there and buds coming. Just recently started losing alot of flowers. Not sure why could be too cold or could be not polinating properly since its inside.
Since I've moved it I've got the fan osilating on it and been shaking it hopefully that helps it hang onto more flowers.
They aren't very scorpion looking pods but it sounds like thats fairly normal for a youngish scorpion that has it easy in hydro.
some of them are just starting to ripen now...but only the small ones that first appeared the pods that came later are much bigger.
P1030223.jpg

P1030226.jpg

P1030227.jpg

Back