• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First official glog - 2014

I'm not much on pics but I'll post some as things develop. This is my first official, posted glog so go easy on me please!

Each variety will be in sets of four seeds and I'll only keep the two best of each seedling variety. I'm using Espoma Organic Seed Starter instead of Jiffy Peat Pellets, which I used last year with really good success. An 8 quart bag was cheaper than 75 individual peat pellets and I have plenty left over.

Here is my list;

Madballz
Nebru
Orange Bhut
TS-Yellow CARDI
7 Pot Yellow x BJIC
7 Pot Red
Bad Brains (special thanks to Wes!)
7 Pot Bubblegum
Batalii
Not Black Naga x Mean Red
Chocolate Bhut x 7 Pot Yellow
TS-Red
SB7J
Fatalii Jigsaw
7 Pot Primo x Yellow Bhut
Peach Bhut
Red Congo Trinidad
7 Pot White

I have a bunch that didn't make the list but space wouldn't allow for them  :(

Thanks for looking! May everyone have their best season to date!!

I know, Jamie! I'll get some as soon as hooks start. I just sowed them this evening...I'm sure you recognize a few of those as coming from your pods!  :)

Gosh, I don't know if the originally came from Grant. I got a SFRB over the summer from Jamie and really liked these yellow pods, so I asked him what they were and he told me they were a cross between primo and yellow bhut.

Well, the 72 cell tray was an absolute fail. Managed to salvage 11 seedlings and gave up on the rest. I thought that perhaps the heat mat wasn't functioning properly but after running my hand across it, I found no cold spots so it wasn't that. Oddly enough the most that germinated were around the outer edges of the tray. I'm thinking that I may have allowed the cells to get too dry as I am (was) using deeper cells this year and also may have sown the seeds too deep.

On a brighter note, my 36 cell tray WITHOUT a heat mat has produced 28 out of 36. This has led me to re-think using a heat mat.

36 cell tray is as follows;

7-Pot Brown 4/4
Not Madballz Rusty 4/4
Dorset Naga 3/4
Sepia Serpent 2/4
7-Pot Primo 3/4
Impact 3/4
Trinidad Congo Burgundy 3/4
Yellow Bhut 2/4
7-Pot Barrackpore 4/4

I'm clueless....

meinchoh said:
I have a bunch that didn't make the list but space wouldn't allow for them :(
I can't imagine such a thing!

I need to grow that TS yellow CARDI next year. I have not tasted them fresh, but I have some TS Yellow CARDI salt made by stc3248 that has become my favorite powder. Save me some nice seed.

Good luck with the rest of your germination. Sorry to hear of the bad luck with the one tray.

Ed, tell me about the 7Pot Yellow x BJIC.
What is the BJIC? I'm drawing a complete blank, no idea what that is.

My man Ed . The pics are not loading on your photobucket page. Try copying and pasting the IMG code straight to your glog. 

Back