• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First pod on my Carolina Reaper

I've had some struggles to get to this point, but I finally have my first pod on one of my reaper plants. I still have a ways to go, but it's a start. Since we will likely have a frost, late October or early November, I'll probably have to finish these inside. Good thing is, I have 20-30 more flowers on my 2 plants that have bloomed in the last couple of days.

7247776e13f0ab2313a553c27ed82098.jpg

Nice! Hand polinate those white frilly things with a qtip to make those sissys set better. My reapers took close to 1.5 months from flower to ripe death pod :-)

Nice! Hand polinate those white frilly things with a qtip to make those sissys set better. My reapers took close to 1.5 months from flower to ripe death pod :-)

Yeah, been helping the new flowers along everyday with a q-tip. On further inspection this morning, I've got 10-12 pods on both plants, and probably 50-60 buds and blooms developing, on top of that.

what happened that kept you from getting pods my friend ?    :onfire:

The 98°-104° weather everyday for 6 weeks straight. If I put the plants in any sort of sun, for any length of time, they would wilt severely to the point leaves were drying and crumbling. Also in those temps they wouldn't flower at all. After the temps fell out to mid 80s to low 90s, they have been rocking and rolling. My plants have literally more than doubled in size in the last month.

just keep them out of the 2 to 5 sun if you can . u.v.'s are bad anymore . but a shade cloth will help if you can't move them . but i had some plants that just thrived on the same morning hours .

just keep them out of the 2 to 5 sun if you can . u.v.'s are bad anymore . but a shade cloth will help if you can't move them . but i had some plants that just thrived on the same morning hours .

10-4, yeah that morning sun is much cooler, and the plants absolutely seem to love it.

Back