• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First pods

Probably not all that exciting to most of you seasoned experienced growers that have been enjoying growing peppers for years,
but for a first time grower, Im excited :dance:  :dance:  by the first pods on my Cayenne's,  Jalapenos and Californian Wonders this early in our season.

Habaneros, Scotch Bonnets and other varieties all showing buds and flowers, but a lot are dropping  :tear: ,
Im guessing because they are such young plants and hope as the season progresses they will set.

IMG202010251715571.jpg

IMG202010251719011.jpg

IMG202010251719141.jpg

IMG202010251719341.jpg

IMG202010251741311.jpg

Are there many other Aussies on here ? 
If so, Im interested in what type of insect control, fertilizers, potting mix etc. you guys are using in Australia, as most brands of products on here are not available in Australia.
Cheers and happy growing.

Very nice, first pods are always celebrated....

Just an observation on this pic of yours, see the little pinholes you can see thru on a few leafs..?
These are sometimes the tell tail signs of spider mites, are you spraying regularly..?

Not to get all worried, just might be something to check out and nip in the bud if its anything at all...

jmo

post-16220-0-50278200-1603608582_thumb.jpg

Yes your spot on Acs1, I think I had a mite issue a couple of weeks ago and have been spraying ever since.
If you look at the thread I posted you will see pictures of the issue I was having.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/74365-beginner-mite-help/ 

There is also a lot of shredded looking leaves with large ripped looking holes and damage but I know the pest that did that........... a human pest came around a day early to high pressure cleaned my deck and concrete paths when I wasnt home. 

He didnt move any of the plants and shredded a lot of them, :tear:  :tear: , some were just a stork with not even 1 leaf left. 
I was sooooooo angry when I got home and saw 4 months worth of growth blasted off shredded on the ground, but he would have killed a few mites though. lol :party:

ChillnInAus said:
Are there many other Aussies on here ? 
If so, Im interested in what type of insect control, fertilizers, potting mix etc. you guys are using in Australia, as most brands of products on here are not available in Australia.
Cheers and happy growing.

Adelaide here
I grow completely organically, no insect control, no products at all

Back