First Scorpion Pod Forming

Hi there.  I just wanted to share that my first Moruga Scorpion pod has started to form.  It is still small, but I do have a couple of concerns.  First is that the plant is still in a 4" pot.  Would It be safe to transplant it to my new raised bed?  And two, if I do transplant it, do I do so now, or wait for the pod to finish forming?  Thank you all.  Here is a picture of the little devil...

KtXqUhw.jpg

I personally think you should transfer it now, assuming the weather is ok to do it.
I think even if that one pod drops (which i dont think it will), the benefits of transplanting it sooner will outweigh the benefits you will get from your single pod :)

obchili said:
Hi there.  I just wanted to share that my first Moruga Scorpion pod has started to form.  It is still small, but I do have a couple of concerns.  First is that the plant is still in a 4" pot.  Would It be safe to transplant it to my new raised bed?  And two, if I do transplant it, do I do so now, or wait for the pod to finish forming?  Thank you all.  Here is a picture of the little devil...

KtXqUhw.jpg
My scorpion just started growing buds- how long did yours take to bloom and turn into a pepper? 
Great looking plant by the way

My scorpion just started growing buds- how long did yours take to bloom and turn into a pepper? 
Great looking plant by the way[/quote
Great looking plant by the way
Thank you. I had germinated this early January indoors here in Manitoba. As for time from flowering to becoming a pepper I cannot honestly tell you. I remember looking at tiny buds then it seems like the next day the pod was there.
@samcanadian
No, it is not inside. It has lived outdoors for about a week and a half, maybe a bit more.

Hi there again.  Just a little update on my scorpion.  I transplanted it today into a larger pot with my own new mix.  I mixed 1 part steer manure to 1 part peat moss to 1 part 4-way topsoil.  I will be monitoring her progress closely to see how she likes this mix.

You should add some dolomitic lime, peat moss is acid, and chinense especially like a little more neutral soil! Hope this helps!

obchili said:
Hi there again.  Just a little update on my scorpion.  I transplanted it today into a larger pot with my own new mix.  I mixed 1 part steer manure to 1 part peat moss to 1 part 4-way topsoil.  I will be monitoring her progress closely to see how she likes this mix.
How big of a pot?

Pot is a 3 gallon I believe. I could be wrong. I just ran out of room in my new raised bed, so pots are now all I have left.

Back