• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning first shot at cloning! Writeup is up!

Sarge said:
Have you had any pump issues with noise or what not? I made a cloning system when you switch the pump on its fine but once the tubes are full of water and the pressure builds up the pump gets noisy. I feel the backpressure is putting alot of load on the impeller and shaft.

My pump is 1700LPH unit, and I am using 10 jets.
That sounds like a large pump for this. Do you have the pump curve for it? Or a model number? Sounds like you are eating up a lot of unnecessary energy by restricting the flow so much through the jets. Might be below the minimum stable flow rate for the pump too. That will all make a lot of noise.

Capsicum Select said:
That sounds like a large pump for this. Do you have the pump curve for it? Or a model number? Sounds like you are eating up a lot of unnecessary energy by restricting the flow so much through the jets. Might be below the minimum stable flow rate for the pump too. That will all make a lot of noise.
Haven't got any flow rate charts its just a generic pump off ebay. I agree the pump is definitely too big its wasting energy and producing heat. Im trying to downsize.

I have succesfully cloned half a dozen Carolina Reapers from one plant.

Use a root growth hormone like Clonex or Rhizopon AA.

Stick clones in floral foam or some other medium.

Keep moist (not wet), and warm, pref. inside a germinator, where it's humid,
with plenty of white light 24/7.

Good luck !

Back