• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation first time at dehydrating

when I've dried my chiles, 4 full trays at a time, it has taken 12 hours sometimes, depending on the size of the chiles & thickness of the skin. plus I want to make sure they are fully dried. plus if they are really dry it'll be easier to crush them into a powder.

since your gonna grind them into powder right away, I'd cut the hab's in half & dried them that way, it'll go faster.

THE habs are drying now, and i just got back from riverhad le gourmet chef with a morter and pestol, also got some blairs orig hab chips, cheddar chili and hab parmesean "sp" i also saw 2 kinds of death rain but i did not buy any. About the hab chips, i did not think they were that hot, and as far as the taste...I like them better than the hab doritos. Also sorry for rambeling... I sliced the habs in half and when they are dry i guess i will just mash away, but befor i do so i will take some dried seeds to the side for my firts grow attempt later, and how should i store the seeds and also the ground habs.

hemi1500 said:
THE habs are drying now, and i just got back from riverhad le gourmet chef with a morter and pestol, also got some blairs orig hab chips, cheddar chili and hab parmesean "sp" i also saw 2 kinds of death rain but i did not buy any. About the hab chips, i did not think they were that hot, and as far as the taste...I like them better than the hab doritos. Also sorry for rambeling... I sliced the habs in half and when they are dry i guess i will just mash away, but befor i do so i will take some dried seeds to the side for my firts grow attempt later, and how should i store the seeds and also the ground habs.

Another LI'er. Where abouts are you located on our fine island?

Back